Most scenic bike paths (for recumbents) in the southwest US?

Even in state it's a bitch. When not actually on fire, the nice places in southern NM are all at least tank of gas away, 40 or 50 bucks. Nothing when I was working, but a lot now that I can't work. I'm healing though, through riding regularly and going progressively farther. Soon I will be able to do some honey do's for friends for a tank of gas here, and tank there. So I can get up North, or over towards AZ a few times this year.

And then the forest will be burning again. :roll: Been looking at maps a lot, and may try a 150 mile, two nights out trip next week. All in the desert, too cold at 8,000 feet still.

Anyone run all 50 miles of the Jordan River trail in Utah?
I guess the question still stands. Now that I have solar I think I can I can run the entire thing and back in one day for a wimpy little 100 miler (maybe 100 and some change). 8)

Anyone run the entire thing? I think I am going to take a trip up there in about a month or so and get r' done. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

I am just now seeing this thread .

There are a couple of bike paths in the Palm Springs area.

One from Palm Springs down to Cathedral City or even to Rancho Mirage
and
Another one from Palm Desert to La Quinta

There is inexpensive camping at the Salton Sea,
or this time of year in Sky Valley at one of the Snow Bird RV Parks , now that the Snow Birds are heading back up North.

You can soak in the hot pools at the Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel Resort , with just a day or evening pass.

You can camp and ride around the Joshua Tree National Park. No bike paths, but the cars there go slow to see the scenery.

The Palm Springs area is such a laid-back area that where there is no bike path, you could probably ride on the side walk, in between bike paths.

Ok, It's on! (finally years later)
Boss gave me a week off and the itinerary is
-Red Canyon Bikeway
-Candy Mountain Express
-Murdock Canal
-Provo River Parkway
-Jordan River (in it's entirety)
-Legacy
-Rio Grande
-Ogden River Parkway
304 miles 8)

I'm undecided whether to do Snow Canyon like Spinningmagnets suggested (years ago) or Virgin River (also in St. George) I only have time to do one.
any Utahans or wierdos insane enough to bike all these bikeways want to chime in on something I'm missing in my itinerary?

Back