Movpak, eboard + backpack

Worth it?...

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/02/the-movpak-is-an-electric-skateboard-that-folds-into-a-backpack/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000591

I saw this the other day too and thought about posting it up...And then I decided not to do it haha!

I'm not necessarily put off by the idea, I just don't see the problem with having a board and a backpack as needing a solution.

Seems like they come out with this kind of stuff about once a week on some tech review website, etwow, movpak, klick, urb-e etc...
Seems like for lazy folks in my mind as it's not that quick and powerful and why not just by a kick scooter or skateboard that's unpowered and wear a backpack, exactly...
Sounds good in theory but in practice they just aren't powerful enough when they are that portable
Cotemar dude, you gotta stop taking things so personally, sorry to rain on your etwow scooter business but it's just not for the average user imho and I stated my own experience with it, students might like it or the movpak but seems kinda steep for the average teen

This seems like a waste of time, energy & money....Would it not be easier to simply design a bag that has a hook to mount a skateboard when you need to carry it not using your hands....

Or even better. A universal hook that connects to any backpack that also holds any skateboard.

useless gimmick designs frustrate me.... not to mention the waste of resources.

I crave minimalistic, practical, ingenious, unique innovative designs....

cotemar's comment was uncalled for...
We should feel confortable posting any stuff we find interesting...
That said I agree it is not something i would even consider ...

onloop said:
This seems like a waste of time, energy & money....Would it not be easier to simply design a bag that has a hook to mount a skateboard when you need to carry it not using your hands....

Or even better. A universal hook that connects to any backpack that also holds any skateboard.

Note, I use this "burton treble yell backpack" with satisfaction - 2 large straps to hook the board on
There is also a bunch of snowboard hiking backpack that are even thougher
burton-treble-yell-pack.jpg

What a POS idea. Like a backpack is really that intrusive when riding.

Kinda reminds me of the old TV/VCR combo. Most people had a TV with a broken VCR stuck to it.

Hehe... I was playing around with "backpack-like" cargo storage in 2010. (ES thread "Locks Dray Build"):
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19001

One point being to lower the weight of "stuff" being carried. So I'm sorta liking the design here. But I'm also kinda suspicious of skateboard-sized wheels on less than perfectly flat urban roads, etc.

:)

Back