My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Does anyone have any input on the charger that comes with the Frey bike, I'm talking about the 54.6V 5A Smart Charger for the AM and HT 1000s. What makes it 'smart?'

Sinbord1981 said:
Razerr said:
Any update you got for us? Did you order?
Yep. Order placed today. They’re waiting on a new batch of the Rockshox Lyric forks to come in but should be with me by end May

Nice, I still have doubts about the battery voltage...can someone help me here :) what are the cons at 52v?

48v battery is about 10% more Wh and about 8% less max. power. But in my experience, the 52v will give you less voltage drop under high load and more consistent power 'feel' throughout the full use of the pack.

Hello, I ordered a Top of the line Frey 1000 watt duel suspension bike. My original reason for buying it was to commute to work. When it came I realized that it was too big of a bike for my to keep in my office. I would like to sell it, please email me if you are interested. It has 20 miles on it.
Bafang Ultra 48V 1000W mid drive system with throttle;
48V 21AH Samsung 35E cells powered big capacity battery;
ROCKSHOX YARI 160mm air suspension fork;
ROCKSHOX DELUXE RL rear suspension;
MAGURA MT5e 4-piston hydraulic brake with power cut function for ebike use;
SHIMANO XT M8000 11 speed group set;
MAXXIS 27.5*2.8" mountain tire.
1 extra battery

BigBoris said:
Hello, I ordered a Top of the line Frey 1000 watt duel suspension bike. My original reason for buying it was to commute to work. When it came I realized that it was too big of a bike for my to keep in my office. I would like to sell it, please email me if you are interested. It has 20 miles on it.
Bafang Ultra 48V 1000W mid drive system with throttle;
48V 21AH Samsung 35E cells powered big capacity battery;
ROCKSHOX YARI 160mm air suspension fork;
ROCKSHOX DELUXE RL rear suspension;
MAGURA MT5e 4-piston hydraulic brake with power cut function for ebike use;
SHIMANO XT M8000 11 speed group set;
MAXXIS 27.5*2.8" mountain tire.
1 extra battery
Where and how much?

Hardcore said:
48v battery is about 10% more Wh and about 8% less max. power. But in my experience, the 52v will give you less voltage drop under high load and more consistent power 'feel' throughout the full use of the pack.

Are there battery readout problems on the Bafang screen, can it handle 52v? Less voltage drop sound like a more pleasant ride.
I going to buy 2 batteries so 10% less Wh isn't a problem.

BigBoris said:
Where do you live, whats frame size and how much do you ask?

Hello,

Here we would like to share with all you how to use the gear set better.

Best condition use guide for 11 speed cassette and chain.

Green: best starting and riding level. The cassette and chain life is longest, and riding effect is the best.
Blue/Yellow/Red: under the speed showed in the graphic, cassette and chain is in the best condition, minimal wear.
Color meaning: Risk level of cassette and chain.

How about your use tips? you can share with us!

Razerr said:
Are there battery readout problems on the Bafang screen, can it handle 52v? Less voltage drop sound like a more pleasant ride.

no problems reading the voltage on the screen and yes it is a pleasant ride. I have another 48v hub and I can certainly feel the battery reaching LVC while the 52v on the frey keeps more power till LVC

cheers

Hardcore said:
Razerr said:

no problems reading the voltage on the screen and yes it is a pleasant ride. I have another 48v hub and I can certainly feel the battery reaching LVC while the 52v on the frey keeps more power till LVC

cheers

Thanks for the info, I am sold for 52v :)

Sinbord1981 said:
Razerr said:

I was having the same dilemma but opted for two of the 48V21ah batteries with my AM1000. Surely you’ll have less potential peak power with them but a longer burn given the fact that they’ve got 14% more capacity in the first place (48x21=1,008 WHr vs 52x17=884). Whilst the voltage on the 52 is obviously higher than the 48 it will drop faster at the same drain level.

....or have I got this all wrong and I should also change for the 52V17ah.

Are you about to order an AM1000 Razerr?
Yes i do, pretty close to make the order.
a friend of mine rides a BBSHD and also mentioned the fast drop of power with the 48v, the voltage drop was a lot smoother when he swapped to a 52v battery. Yeah you got more miles with the 21ah but still plenty miles with double 52v 17ah batteries...

It is a difficult choice because more miles per battery is attractive, but the way the battery behaves when discharging makes for a better ride. I guess..

Now the frame size. I am 5.9 feet (+-181cm) I was thinking of the large variant.

I would like some opinions of the frey bike owners.

Razerr said:
Now the frame size. I am 5.9 feet (+-181cm) I was thinking of the large variant.

Go with the medium frame size if you're 5'9" tall, you will regret it if you don't.

Sinbord1981 said:
I’ve already placed my order with Frey and paid for the AM1000 with two 48V21ah batteries but I have asked whether I can switch to two 52V17ah batteries instead, obviously with the correct charger for the 52V pack. I’ll let you know how I get on. It is a difficult one and I guess six of one and half a dozen of the other in terms of weighing it up. Thanks.

I would go with the 52v batteries, its worth the extra cost. I don't think FREY will have any problems upgrading your order, I went through the same thing making battery decisions.

SunnyDay1 said:
Razerr said:

Go with the medium frame size if you're 5'9" tall, you will regret it if you don't.

181cm is 5'11" i think.
https://www.calculateme.com/height/convert-cm-to-feet-inches/181-cm

Still the medium?

Razerr said:
SunnyDay1 said:
Razerr said:

181cm is 5'11" i think.

Still the medium?

You are correct, 181 cm is 5'11". I'm 5'9" and the medium works great for me. If the medium was any larger it would be too big for me.
Maybe another AM1000 owner will chime in on this post for you.

Sinbord1981 said:
Razerr said:

I was having the same dilemma but opted for two of the 48V21ah batteries with my AM1000. Surely you’ll have less potential peak power with them but a longer burn given the fact that they’ve got 14% more capacity in the first place (48x21=1,008 WHr vs 52x17=884). Whilst the voltage on the 52 is obviously higher than the 48 it will drop faster at the same drain level.

....or have I got this all wrong and I should also change for the 52V17ah.

Are you about to order an AM1000 Razerr?

regarding capacity, the 48v version is 13s6p (78 cells) while the 52v version is 14s5p (70 cells) which is 10% lower in capacity (or 8 cells).

SunnyDay1 said:
Razerr said:
SunnyDay1 said:
Razerr said:

181cm is 5'11" i think.

Still the medium?

You are correct, 181 cm is 5'11". I'm 5'9" and the medium works great for me. If the medium was any larger it would be too big for me.
Maybe another AM1000 owner will chime in on this post for you.

as said before, I'm 5'10'' (178 cm) and I got the M frame size

Hey I wanted to connect a thule chariot to the ht1000 anyone done this ?which thru axel adapter works and where did you find it

FREYebikes said:
Hello,

Here we would like to share with all you how to use the gear set better.
11速飞轮与链条最佳使用指南.jpg

Best condition use guide for 11 speed cassette and chain.

Green: best starting and riding level. The cassette and chain life is longest, and riding effect is the best.
Blue/Yellow/Red: under the speed showed in the graphic, cassette and chain is in the best condition, minimal wear.
Color meaning: Risk level of cassette and chain.

How about your use tips? you can share with us!

Thanks so much! I had been going through the gears much like a motorcycle, starting at 1 and skipping one as I shifted. I'll keep this chart in mind!

Map Paddy said:
Hey I wanted to connect a thule chariot to the ht1000 anyone done this ?which thru axel adapter works and where did you find it

Here ya go:
https://robertaxleproject.com

Well, My AM1000 was delivered yesterday. I put the bike together today and I have the battery charging. Hope to ride it tomorrow. Still needs some minor tweaking. This is my first ebike, so I am not sure how to adjust the shocks. Also there were 2 spacers for the front wheel that came in 2 separate bags marked left and right. I mixed them up so I do not know which one was the left or right. I am hoping I put the right one in place. If anyone knows how to tell them apart and which side of the bike is the left and right I would appreciate it. Thanks

bugnut said:
Well, My AM1000 was delivered yesterday. I put the bike together today and I have the battery charging. Hope to ride it tomorrow. Still needs some minor tweaking. This is my first ebike, so I am not sure how to adjust the shocks.

Cool, keep us posted! Why do you need to adjust the shocks?

Back