My DIFFERENT Ebike.

Robocog

100 W
I am using an IDRIVE GT that I added talas 36 Foxes, and a DHX 5.0 to. The action is excellent, and plush.

I am adding a 400watt mac motor mid mount. Freewheel with two gears in front. No derail. 29ers and juicy ultimates. Headway batts in backpack. All up, I expect about 31 lbs total. After hacking all weight off bike to start. Marathon plusses 700x32. ALL wiring hidden the entire length. Brake lines too.

I bought a guys batt that was 48v 15 amp hours. I will split it, and make two non bms batts. Use hobby charger. Thumb throttle. I have 15 tooth motor, and 90 freewheel. I will see 25 to 27 mph with peddle.

The only real task I cant perfect, is getting it low, no bottoming, and plush. So, I suspect, when I want to go dirt, I will add a few pounds to shocks. I haven't seen anyone do what I am. They put mega watts, or mega weight on it. I have heart failure, and an 17 ejection fraction. So, this is a godsend.

Not only is it more practical, but it is dead sexy. Will add pics when it is ready.

Anyone else do a lightweight downhill?

Welcome to E.S.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Looking forward to seeing it. Headways should be a long lasting battery used within spec's. A little heavy but all lifepo4 is heavy. With promise of long cycle life. It's always a compromise.

Plenty do a lightweight downhill. They just don't brag about it on ES. More into the ride than the build, and the talking about the build.

400w is plenty, if its a mid drive, to ride up huge mountains. Those guys don't want any more weight than they must have, when they turn back down.

Yep, welcome on ES, and post a pic of your bike :D

A mid drive made with a hub is not new, but it is not often that we see one on a dirt bike.

Light weight building is subjective, and in any case should include the weight of the battery that you will carry in a backpack. Real light weight building goal is a ratio: Total peak power Kw/Kg total riding weight. Many of us on ES are pretty good at it :twisted:

Robocog said:
The only real task I cant perfect, is getting it low, no bottoming, and plush. So, I suspect, when I want to go dirt, I will add a few pounds to shocks. I haven't seen anyone do what I am.

There's endless information on setting up suspension correctly online. This is a pretty good overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhTZtLJ79J0

Back