My Dream Build

kmxtornado

10 kW
Maybe we need a place to share our dream e-bike builds - using stuff that's readily available on the market today. I'll start off.

Although I read up a bunch of stuff about the differences btw front wheel drive and rear wheel drive, it never occurred to me at the time that a front wheel drive one would be a good idea b/c it allows for an internal gear hub in the back. I think that'd be my dream build. Picture an unassuming hybrid bike with a Sturmey Archer something or other in the back, a single chain ring and a front wheel drive hub motor. Perhaps a Mac?

I have noticed that I pretty much stay in the 2nd to last highest gear most of the time on flats and downhills. I use the motor to accelerate from a stop and only drop to lower gears when needed for climbs. I figure a single chain ring for this application wouldn't e half bad. Less weight, less stuff and overall just more simple. The heavy 3lb IGH (internal gear hub) in the back would help offset the extra weight up front.

This thing would be powered by a 72v system or at least a 48v. The 36v 10ah I have is good, but it's far from being a dream ride.

Okay, that's it for now. Share what you'd build. And if you've already built your dream ride, please share your specs and experiences. Thanks!

kmxtornado said:
Share what you'd build. And if you've already built your dream ride, please share your specs and experiences. Thanks!

Well...i think i am closing in on it...just need a tad more ooomph ... and a lil travel in the rear end of my current frame
aaaand...another 250-500Wh would do me i think, buut thats more a want than a need...think ill have it nailed by New Years
anywayz ;) ...if not...well, there's always next year :mrgreen: ....as long as ThudSTeR is still avaialble of course otherwise im f*cked ;)

KiM

Well, I've done my dream build. It's like 6 different bikes. And a mountain of batteries for em.

I was the same way with skis, and windsurfers. One day on a snowboard, the next on skinny cross country boards, day after that on downhill racing skis so long and wide it's rediculous.

Right tool for each job.

If we are really making christmas wishes, I'd settle for car drivers that merely see me.

Back