my ebike project, the cortex-bike 2.0!

jlcortex

10 mW
I want to build this, what do you think?

View attachment 2
3.PNG
The initial idea is a bike to make electric enduro. It is a bike similar to the steath B52, Vector, Qulbix Q76R, Bultaco Brinco. Neematic ...

With respect to most of them the difference is to use middrive (neematic also uses middrive) and maintly I want it to look as much as possible to a bicycle.

I have a DH bike with 20" trial wheels with hub motor, my experience with hub motors it that it is not for enduro (jumps, bumps...). I am sure this kind of bikes have to use mid-drives. For this first version i want to use Bafang but i want to find another more powerful mid-drive (ego-kits or similars)

I am trying to make the batteries as integrated as possible into the frame to try to make the frame as small as possible.
The battery is a 12S24P (288 cells in 2 banks of 144cells) - 2344,32Wh - 44.4V

file.php

I would like to do something well done and that people like it. so, if you have suggestions please do not hesitate to let me know.
jlcortex.

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,762
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,025
Wheazel:

The geometry is inspired in several bikes, this suspension is similar to SantaCruz V10, I bought the linkage software, it is very interesting software, it is really fast to develop a suspension mechanism because you can draw the link points. This mechanism works very similar to santacruz V10 with the leveling ratio starting in 4 and ending in 2.6:

file.php

The geometry is more similar to steath b52 but i am not sure, I am tempted to adopt the geometry more like DH bikes:

file.php

View attachment 1

It seems DH bike use 64º (head tube angle), FreeRide use 66.5º or so, and my bike use 68º, the same than steath B52 (measured in pictures).
I think i will go to at least at 65.5º like spezialized Enduro.

What do you think?

boisrondevens said:
I'm trying to move the wheel in my head but I can't... I can't see the flexing, rotation and movement... Check your design... Nice Bike!
The small green part in the pictures rotates around its forward attachment point and compresses the shock.
Even the wheel movement curve is pictured in the red arc above the rear hub.

What's the reasoning for DH head angle? Looks or suitable for the application?
I think I picked a slightly too flat head angle on my cargo bike build. My reasoning was to reduce braking forces on the front fork, and have a good trail for steady speed characteristics.
The result is that the wheel is more prone to tip over when standing still. And this effect is magnified when cargo is applied.
It is not anything major, but one of the many small things to do differently if I were to do it again.

frame_stability_sketch.jpg

Very cool design! Seems like a lot of design and building effort to go through just to use a bafang mid drive. Nothing against the drive but it already fits so nicely on a regular bike that it doesnt seem worth it to design an entire frame around it. I do really like how your design protects the drive system.

Back