nano technology

xyster said:
I think perhaps eP gets his attitude and sayings from watching mostly MTV over there...

MTV is scrambled now. I have no acces :(

Hey Mathurin, don't read too much into characterizations like 'stupid'.
Amongst Slavic peoples it's actually a complement.
If you've ever seen the Simpson's episode where Lisa gets lost in the Russian district of Springfield (speaking of chess) you'll now what I mean.
They're just very, umm, emphatic.

It might be off-putting to your typical Canadian chipmunk civility (after you. no, after you, I insist).
But when immersed in a culture & grown up in it, you would think nothing of it.
It's expected that you give as good as you get in Polish et. al. discourse, otherwise they view you as feeble.
Isn't that right '<A HREF="http://www.evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=15285">elektrik</A> Pedal' ? :lol:

TylerDurden said:
I prefer the concept of lifting large masses for storage... like houses. 8)
Damn Tyler, now *that* is cool! :)

Our local Hydro service does this, sort of, in a way. "Hydro" being a euphemism these days (really, 51% nuke, lots of coal and a *little* hydro), but with the little hydro bit (Niagara Falls), when they have excess capacity, they pump some of the water back up the hill (escarpment) to a reservoir, to recapture some/most of the energy later.

One gallon of water falling 100 feet every second works out to 1,000 kwh.

Yeeehaaa!

Yah, folks say Sol is really all we have to work with, but yah, gravity, the *other* free energy (storage device)... Quiet, and odor/tax-free.

tks

Lock

Back