Nee Controller for BBSHD not compatible

BBSHME

1 mW
Hello, I recently purchased a new controller for my old BBSHD and the temperature sensor error code 10 is blocking me from using the motor. I am considering returning the controller and buying one that is compatible out of the box or going down the firmware road.

The controller is a C581-30-506 CR R10E 1000 SN. The motor is a Luna BBSHD 750W with Anderson connectors from 2016. I have learned that the Anderson Connectors are compatible with the spade connectors but they are, of course, not compatible with the bullet connectors.

The downside of trying to change the firmware is that I could brick the controller or have difficulty getting the settings right. I am unsure which version of controller it is and I know the firmware only works with certain versions, though it sounds like there are very few instances where there is an issue with bricking, but it does sound like there are quite a few people who have struggled with the settings. If I start to change the firmware, then it would be rude to return the controller if I can't get it to work or the controller has other issues with compatibility.

The downside to returning the controller is that I could buy a replacement that has the same problem. Is there even a controller out there that would in theory work out of the box, or are all the controllers with the spade connector programmed for the new temperature gauge?

Back