Need some help here please

zanedog

100 mW
I am new to the forums.

If I have technical questions, is this the correct place to post them?
I looked at the wiki and did not find the answers there.

Just set my bike up and have some concerns. If there are vetran users here that could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to get into a my system is better than your system, rather find a few users that could help.

If theres is anyone interested in helping me with something so basic as getting my speedometer to work to start and then explain what they know about torque sensors and such, please respond.

Hesitant to say what bike I have and stuff as forums seem to degenerate to a 'my stuff is better than your stuff'. I know where the bike was made before I bought it, and I had a general understanding of the engineering.

If there are forum members here that could help me out with what would be to them simple things, could you please please contact me?

LOL, hate to beg, but I don't have a local bike shop.

I even had to order my accessories site unseen pretty much.

Baskets and racks and bags, I have no place within 100 miles that I can go to.

My issue is simple really, my speedometer doesn't work, but it goes further than that as well.

A rookie looking for guidance without having a thread that becomes a hostile environment.

Perhaps if we do it right, we could add to the wiki so all could see.

Can't answer any questions without some informatiom.

We don't tear each other up on mine is better than yours.

the big guns here are not here to down anyone or thing, unless you have a dangerous situation.

So what are you trying to fix? As I said can't start without a starting point.
Bike, Motor, Comtroller, Battery voltage and AH, Weight and location helos.

Dan

I figured out the speedo problem.

bike: eProdigy Logan

is there resources for this style of bottom bracket drive?
Looks to be the same thing as optibike

http://electricbikereview.com/eprodigy/logan/

I think i have the first electric bike in this little town, people stare lol

no bike shop within 90 miles

I don't know what forum you have been reading to be so concerned about a hostile responses..... Like many on this forum, i'v read through thousands of posts, thousands of people asking questions, including dumb questions, and there is always someone willing to answer and rare are the non constructive replies. There are moderators on the forum that don't let threads degenerate. If you have come across such threads, then they have to be 1 in 30,000 posts.

You cannot get help without explaining what your setup is first and what problems you are encountering. And don't be concerned about negative replies. Everybody has to start somewhere and learn, and I would say 99.9 % of the people that reply on this forum, do so to help, encourage and support anyone attempting to enter into the ebike world. That is what this forum was created for and it's reason for being. So do not be shy and ask away your questions. But that has to include information on your setup.

Wishes

I apologize for generalizing. I have been doing more reading on the forum and this does seem to be a helpful friendly community. haha, I didn't bike far yesterday, first ride in years, I am not 'sore' but I can tell I was biking! I'll spend some more time reading here in this forum and see if I can find any info on the style of drive I have.

My initial foray into the electic assist bicycle world is going to turn into an obsession, I can just tell lol.

The 'cycle analyst' hmmm, perhaps it would be a worthy addition?

zanedog said:
I apologize for generalizing. I have been doing more reading on the forum and this does seem to be a helpful friendly community. haha, I didn't bike far yesterday, first ride in years, I am not 'sore' but I can tell I was biking! I'll spend some more time reading here in this forum and see if I can find any info on the style of drive I have.

My initial foray into the electic assist bicycle world is going to turn into an obsession, I can just tell lol.

The 'cycle analyst' hmmm, perhaps it would be a worthy addition?

Carefully, because it quickly becomes an obsession lol :D

The cycle analyser is an awesome tool. It is like a cell phone. Sure you can live without one easily, but once you have one, you wonder how you ever could live without it. They are extremely useful. The 1 function of seeing your AMP consumption and draw on your battery while you are riding in real time. Lets you learn about your setup. You can figure out what speeds does it run most efficiently in and when it runs at the least efficient, enabling you to stretch the distance you are able to run on a battery.

But there a dozen other good reasons CA's are awesome. If you can afford one, I definitely recommend it. However, wiring one to an existing controller can be tricky. Make sure you do you research on it first.

Wishes

Brooks B72 saddle
Fenix BT20 Light
Rear Rack and front basket coming up!

I have no Local Bike Shop within 90 mles, must order everything online!
I'd order spring if I could, but it seems Mother Nature wants to keep dumping snow on me and minus 10 temps.

Any recommendations on brake levers that are nice? The kind that tie in with the system to cut the power to the drive? I came offa dirtbikes and preferred the short, two finger style, is there anything like that available?

The short time I have ridden this beast, lol, I like ebikes!! This can be the grocery getter, I just know I'm gonna want to build a trailrunner soon.

Any opions are welcome!

zanedog said:
Brooks B72 saddle
Fenix BT20 Light
Rear Rack and front basket coming up!

I have no Local Bike Shop within 90 mles, must order everything online!
I'd order spring if I could, but it seems Mother Nature wants to keep dumping snow on me and minus 10 temps.

Any recommendations on brake levers that are nice? The kind that tie in with the system to cut the power to the drive? I came offa dirtbikes and preferred the short, two finger style, is there anything like that available? I tried sorting through the forum posts but got information overload. Rather, whats the general consensus as to what good brake levers are?

The short time I have ridden this beast, lol, I like ebikes!! This can be the grocery getter, I just know I'm gonna want to build a trailrunner soon.

Any opions are welcome!

Hi and welcome zanedog.
Thats a neat looking bike with a very "stealth" mid drive motor .....which i unfortunately have no experience of ! :?
But since its is a well built integrated package, i suspect your speed display is controlled from the internals of the motor controller.
Do any of the other functions work ? ..voltage, battery capacity, etc ??
As its new , i assume its under warranty ?
Have you spoken to the retailer you bought it from, maybe a replacement display unit will fix it ( ask them to send an exchange unit)
eprodigy-logan-350-watt-mid-drive.jpg

It's a working good now! it was timing out because of no signal from the speedometer. I fixed up the magnetic pickup and all is well. Thing flys up the hills almost like they aren't there, shift down, meet hill, pedal and gear up! Loving it so far. Couple kinks, but what doesn't have that. Lots of upgrades and accessories coming in lol.

The bike is working very well, it's been snowy and cold here, Only wiped it out once lol. It's been a long time since I put a pedal in motion, and this thing is like a jackrabbit!

I have nothing to compare it too other than 15 years ago when I rode a bike, and these hills would have done me in. Now, it's different, lol, I want more top speed, darn regulations lol.

This will be my grocery getter, I have pieces coming in and will keep you updated with the build..
Front Basket
Rear rack.
Tank Bag.
Brooks Saddle
Fenix Light
Fold up baskets in the rear on the rack.

Back