New Generations of BB Torque Sensors (Bafang and Sempu)

some news about the BAFANG sensor can be found here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1393690#p1393690

regards
stancecoke

PaulD said:
atarijedi said:
Anyone know where to get the Sempu T4 model in different BB widths?

I got one on Alibaba: https://czkuake.en.alibaba.com/
Interestingly, the housing is partially 3D printed. Sempu must not be making very many 100mm units.

Thanks for the post. I have sent them a message to see if they actually sell 100mm units. None of the other providers, that also list the same torque sensors, actually sold the 100mm unit.

I also contacted Sempu, and they do make them, but it seems they almost exclusively go to fat bike manufacturers in China, since no ebike part retailer has ordered them. They may have a unit for me at the end of the month after they have done a run.

Also, Grin Technologies (eBike.ca) would put in an order if more people would buy them. We need more people with fat bikes to buy Torque Sensors!

Hi all,
I have been interested in getting a Sempu or Bafang (or other make) double-sided torque sensing bottom bracket in ISIS crank format.
Sempu (and I think Bafang) have photos and drawings of these on their website but I hadn't found anyone selling them.
Finally found a seller on AliExpress that showed photos of exactly what I wanted.
After a few messages each way, it seems that the ISIS version is called a T3, and the seller claims that it is no longer available.
I queried whether they don't stock it, or whether it is not made anymore. They replied it is not made anymore.
If true, that would be a real shame.
I sent this reply:
"Ok,
That is a shame. Square taper is not strong enough for serious mountain bikes, but ISIS cranks are much stronger.
Electric mountain bikes are becoming really popular. Manufacturers of bikes and aftermarket kits are starting to understand that Torque Sensing works well on mountain bikes.
So you had a product that could have been popular with both manufacturers and after-market users, and almost nobody else is making them, and now it is no longer made.
I think that is a bad move.. "

Of course I am almost certainly messaging a reseller, not Sempu themselves, but worth a try.

So keep your eyes open for someone selling Sempu T3s..

PaulD said:
atarijedi said:
Anyone know where to get the Sempu T4 model in different BB widths?

I got one on Alibaba: https://czkuake.en.alibaba.com/
Interestingly, the housing is partially 3D printed. Sempu must not be making very many 100mm units.

How could you get stuff from czkuake ? I've been trying to get a sample of their new dual reduction rear motor without success...

Has anyone tried these ISIS torque sensors? https://www.goldenmotor.bike/product/isis-splined-torque-sensing-bottom-bracket/

qwerkus said:
How could you get stuff from czkuake ? I've been trying to get a sample of their new dual reduction rear motor without success...

Wasn't an issue working with them. Perhaps they don't sell to individuals? Either way, if anyone wants one, I'll have them on my website soon. I have 10 of the 100mm sensors in stock. They are the production version (not a 3D printed housing) direct from Sempu.

zro-1 said:
I really wish it was possible to buy direct from Bafang. They have 4 items on their site that I would buy today if they had direct sales. I haven't found the Bafang BB with ISIS shaft standard on AliExpress. The EURONAU BB is listed 3 times, but it's the same square-taper JIS BB. I personally think JIS is fine for hub-drive bikes. I could see the benefits of an ISIS BB in the case of a mid drive that is powering through the shared chainring.

I really like that these new BB's all use a torque sensor that reads torque from the chainring spider instead of through bending of the shaft. And the integrated PAS sensor is just an added benefit. I am really pumped to see how this works with the torque throttle of the Phaserunner.
Hi friend
I would buy from aliexpress store eunorau torque sensor kit.
My city bike have bb square shaft 68 x 127,5
On eunorau store only available 68 x 120
I see also that in actually kit available there isn't spinner, so I think that I need to use my cranck set (3 chainwheels)
You think that can fit on my bike this short bb?
I need to change cranckset with one chainwheel?
Another thing is that I see so short cable from torque sensor, I need to add an extention on it? So I orderit with kit
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-090121_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-090121_AliExpress.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,080
Ressurecting an old thread, but its quite on point, so....

I've been searching for a way to get torque sensing to a basic, low power mid drive system (my1016 motor with a CA v3) on one of my bikes. Quickly found out that a BB torque sensor with a freewheel isnt common... Of course PaulID's mid drive kit has a very elegant solution, but unfortunately its currently unavailable. So I found that the CYC X1 3000w gen2 kit has this too, and the sensor + freewheel is avaiable in their webshop. So Im curious on this torque sensor, is it something CYC-specific, or a rebranded unit that is already on the market?
Sensor: https://www.cycmotor.com/product-page/torque-sensor-bb-for-68-83mm-100mm-bottom-bracket-version
Freewheel: https://www.cycmotor.com/product-page/gen-2-freewheel

Does anyone know anything about it? Does it measure both cranks? I've already ordered one, so I guess Ill find out in some time, but if anyone knows, that would be interesting.

I think I'm too late. I use the mentioned CYC torque sensing BB (with motor). It measures Torque and not bending. Find Spec attached if still necessary.
View attachment CYC MOTOR Torque Sensor Specification.pdf
I would like to switch from stock controller to ASI855 NUC 6F or silixcon SC. I tried already NUC, found that CYC BB torque sensor signal or NUC input is interfered by motor phase freq. Still waiting for PAS logging features for NUC to be implemented to have deeper analysis. Additionally trying to collect as much information about available torque sensing logics. currently I'm not sure if the bad PAS functionality is caused by bad algos or bad sensing. Anyone has a detailed spec for the Sempu T4.3?

Look at that, thanks man! It looks like it is an erider with a modified flange to accept the cyc freewheel (says erider on one of the drawings).

Im actually testing a new setup with this now. I found the wiring diagram, but had to try to calibrate the torque/V manually. Looks like I missed a little, so Im putting in more human torque then what the Cycle Analyst tells me, good news! 😂

I only have maybe 150km on it so far, but so far the signal seems stable. Im running the torque sensor up to a cycle analyst, which controls a baserunner controller. I only have a really small Aikema motor, as Im trying to keep the weight low and power around other commercial ebikes. Its still some tuning left, but I dont think theres any interference on the signal with my setup.

IMG_14092020_195630_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg

Back