nm vs watts

Poider

1 mW
Hello, I am wondering about e bikes and their power output.
I live in south australia and the laws here do not permit anything over 250w and if there is a throttle nothing over 200w
I have just ordered an Earth T-rex trekking e bike and the power is listed as 85nm limited to 250w, I test rode a KTM with 60nm and have seen plenty with 250w limited to 39nm right up to 85nm.
if 250w can be aby where between the ranges of 35 - 85nm what is the comparison?
Is there a calculation to work out what is what, if a bike is 250 w and is 85nm is that equivalent to a bike with 350w or higher or lower

Calculating power (Watts) base on torque (nMs):
http://wentec.com/unipower/calculators/power_torque.asp

TL;DR
Watts = nMs x RPM x Constant.

Advertised numbers (Watts and nMs) are pretty useless because they can mean many different things; nominal value, max value, value that complies with the law, value dictated by marketing department etc.

Avner.

NM means nothing. Peak and nominal W means a lot. I measuerd Bosch v4 (legaly 250w). It gives 900W peak power and shows no signs of overheating. I compared with my bbshd on 40 min climd and bbshd was hotter. That means that even bosch v4 have nominal 800W output. It clims everything I can with HD /(but with half slower speed ofcoruse :lol: ).

Back