Not sure why my MPTA logo shows Red and not Green.

Godsown

1 µW
Hi Team

Please help, i am no expert in electric motorbikes, but watching other peoples youtube video i guess there is something wrong . The (MTPA logo) on my Fardrive app on my phone shows red .
i would be grateful if someone could please guide me and tell me how to fix it.
the bike i ordered
5000w - Not sure if it is?
72 V
Battery : 80AH
Fardrive app shows its 3000w. but it can be adjusted to 2000w to 5000w. i have not tried increasing it anymore. but it still works and no change on the logo.
please advice.
i paid extra for 5000w , its shows printed on my Hall as 5000w , its a Qs motor.

Thanks Guys.
Jo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231114_200227.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114_200227.jpg
    886.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220823_131440.jpg
    20220823_131440.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 11
I'm having a similar experience which seems to be directly related to 0RPM starts that deliver no power. 1 out of every 3 times or so I throttle from 0, it's limited to about 10% and MPTA changes to red. Do you have any throttle issues like this? I have another controller on the way, I've posted my own query here while I wait for it 🤞

I'm having a similar experience which seems to be directly related to 0RPM starts that deliver no power. 1 out of every 3 times or so I throttle from 0, it's limited to about 10% and MPTA changes to red. Do you have any throttle issues like this? I have another controller on the way, I've posted my own query here while I wait for it 🤞
I don't encounter any issues like that. The indicator light remains red consistently; however, the bike operates smoothly, and all functions are functional. I'm curious about what specifically does not function or what the red light signifies when it appears in MTPA.

AFAICT from a few seconds of googling, MTPA is Max Torque Per Amp, and has something to do with field weakening.

I expect (without reading the documentation ;)) that an indicator normally green for a function means it's limits aren't exceeded and it's functioning normally or engaged, and red would mean the opposite. Which limits are involved for MTPA, I don't know.

Back