Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

VasiliSk said:
same as 12F - 90V max. 150V not planned
my battery was 60V
24F production will be after NY. Oh, did i say that it is just x1.5 longer than 12F?

Hello Vasili,

great news, please take me in with 3 x 24Fet Controller.

VasiliSk

Just ordered the qsmotors 1000w motor and controller from alibaba. It would probably take one of your smaller controllers as the max amps is relatively low. I feel this motor has promise for those thinking the 2k or 3k is too big a motor, (right now) like me. What do you think I can expect from this motor with your controller?

Rob

Skaiwerd said:
VasiliSk

Just ordered the qsmotors 1000w motor and controller from alibaba. It would probably take one of your smaller controllers as the max amps is relatively low. I feel this motor has promise for those thinking the 2k or 3k is too big a motor, (right now) like me. What do you think I can expect from this motor with your controller?

Rob

For your 1kw motor, get a 6 fet. That will be plenty and it should be capable of a good bit more than your motor can handle. I bet whatever controller you bought from alibaba wont be FOC and that by itself will improve motor performance. Never mind you bought the controller out of China. It will be cheaply made.

"too big a motor" ... is there such a thing? If I could fit the batteries required to run a 15kw motor on a bicycle, I would. Where did I put that 100kw portable nuclear reactor? The reason why the Roadster has sub 2 second 0-60 times is because there is no such thing as too big a motor.

ELectricGod

The controller is what comes with the motor, GB7280MF Sine wave controller, it states.

I hear you on the motor sizing, baby steeps. And the budget is always a constraint doing personal R&D. Trying to keep it a bike at this point.

Skaiwerd said:
ELectricGod

The controller is what comes with the motor, GB7280MF Sine wave controller, it states.

I hear you on the motor sizing, baby steeps. And the budget is always a constraint doing personal R&D. Trying to keep it a bike at this point.

Bike? THat's just a light weight motor cycle with no decent power plant. :)

We all have our own design goals. I started like you and quickly realized that I wanted way more power. Now I see that this desire will never be satiated. I make a power and performance bump and immediately want another one. FML!

Skaiwerd said:
Just ordered the qsmotors 1000w motor and controller from alibaba.

Rob

I'm planning ordering this motor too pair with this 12f. Hoping for 5kw. Post your build and I'll try to do the same

hello controller 12F works without sensor hall

and can you add me in the list for 24F

thank

VasiliSk said:
It works without, but it's not so good as with halls

But controller does switch to sensorless mode after initial startup when motor is spinning?

Hm ok so automatic setup will use hall sensors by default not only to start motor but during all RPM of the motor? Reason I ask is that some motors got, well less then accurate hall sensor placement. I think you mentioned it will also work with encoders, and from what I've read here a while back encoders are more likely to give a more perfect positioning of the motor then hall sensors, especially if they hall sensors are not mounted 100% correctly. I am pulling this from memory so I could be wrong. If you done testing with encoders feel free to share your experience with encoders over hall sensors. Iirc bad timing/positioning might become worse as RPM of motor increases, and leads to excess heat rising the resistance making things even worse? It's after midnight here and I've been awake for 20 hours straight now and this old head is working very slow now. I guess what I am asking is what will yield the best timing/positioning of the motor, hall or encoder?

There is a setting called: "from hall to sensorless" and the standard value is "1,0rad/ms"
Sounds like the controller will switch to sensorless above a given RPM, but i don't know if it actually does.

andrebandre said:
VasiliSk said:
redline2097 no stock, there is a queue. 6F production come first, than bms and 24F

Vasili, please put me on the list for a 12F and a 6F complete sets for when they become available.

Vasili, if it's ok with you, i would like to keep just the 12F controller.
I got a Grin Phaserunner for the lower power setup.
Please let me know if you are cool with it.

I’d like a 6f please. Not in a huge rush but I’ll take one if they won’t be around later.

I'm starting to prepare my wiring for this controller (6F but I doubt it makes any difference).
I have a combo throttle/key switch/battery voltage thingie, and I was wondering how to wire it to the display.

From what I understand of the "Display back panel" schematics, the switch needs to short GND to K1. However, there is also a dotted line from K2 to K1. I guess I have to choose from one or the other configuration, am I correct ?

Btw, thanks for supporting stop light, I started to design a simple circuit to do it but your controller already has it, very cool !

K2 not used so far. Use GND+K1. there is also turn on/off button on the back side of display.
Battery voltage can't be used since there is no battery voltage on display. BTW you don't need it anyway. You can see voltage on screen.

For stop-light you still need small scheme, check wiki, i've posted info there about connection.

Throttle delay not implemented yet, but i will make it later. Useful thing for kick scooters.

Back