Off Grid 1500watt AC Power using 48V Ping Batteries...

I just got my new inverter into Canada from the U.S.

It produces 1500W utility grade pure sine wave 120 volt AC power from 48V Ping batteries...

If you look at the specs it has a max voltage of 67 volts DC in, and a built in LVC cutoff of 41.6 volts...up to 12.5 amps AC continuous

Note: the AIMS company site indicates only 8.5 amps, but I believe this is incorrect, the inverterstore site indicates 12 amps - 1500 watts would be closer to 12 I think.

http://www.theinverterstore.com/the-inverter-store-product.php?model=pwri150048s

It arrived today, and I hooked it up and it ran an AC table lamp at 100 watts nicely. Its a pretty big beast of a unit,

It should be good for running things like electric chainsaws, stereos, ice-cream freezers or makers, laptops etc., anywhere on the planet...

I'm hoping to run a mobile ebike ice cream cone business on the Galloping Goose in Victoria, after I retire in a few years...

I read the specs carefully before I bought this and it seemed perfectly matched to one or preferably two 48V Ping batteries connected in parallel:

Probably not a good idea to pull 1500 watts out of one PING battery as this would be around 2C continuous.

The included remote works well to shut it on and off, and hopefully will work through a waterproof box.

I will use a GFCI extension cord on the AC side, and a 15 amp fuse on the DC input line.

It will connect with Andersons to my Ping, or my ideal diode battery joiner...

The specs and features below are from the AIMS site, and are more accurate than the description on the inverter store page...

Features:

· 1500W continuous power

· Pure sine wave

· USB Port

· Dual ac receptacle

· On/off switch

· Over temperature indicator

· Overload protection

· Low battery voltage warning/shutdown

· Port for optional remote switch

· High input voltage protection with automatic shutdown

· Over load indicator

· Short circuit protection

· Dual cooling fans thermally controlled

· ac output short circuit protection

· Instruction manual

· Free 1 year tech support

· 1 Year Warranty Parts and Labor

Specifications:

· Continuous output power: 1500 Watts

· Surge power capability (peak power): 2000 Watts

· dc input / operating voltage: 41.6-67 Vdc

· Output voltage: 120 Volts ac

· Output voltage regulation: +/- 3%

· Output wave form: pure sine wave

· Output frequency: 60 Hz

· Battery low voltage alarm: 40-41.6 Vdc Volts

· Battery low voltage shutdown: 41.6 Vdc

· Low battery voltage warning/shutdown

· High battery voltage shutdown: 68 Vdc

· No load power consumption: < 1.4 amps

· DC amps - 31

· AC amps - 8

· Full load efficiency: 90%

· 1/3 load efficiency: 95%

· No load minimum operating temperature: -15 degrees Celsius

· Full load maximum operating temperature: 40 degrees Celsius (automatic shutdown)

· AC Output Socket Type: dual Type 2 -3 prong

· High input voltage protection: 68V

· Low input voltage shutdown: 40V

· Internal blade fuse protection

· Product size (L x W x H): 15" x 6" x 3.4"

· Weight:

o Unit: 9.35 lbs

o Boxed: 10 lbs

Mighty cool device! Operating a chain saw or circular saw off it might be a pinch, but smaller items like drills, computers, lights, tv, stereo, etc should work fine. 40 ah of ping would get you plenty of power to use the full 1500 watts on something like a toaster or circular saw. But even limiting it to about 800 watts, you have a lot of usefull power there.

very neat,maybe you could have goose roadside assistance,charge up and ice cream.i will sign up. ive run out of power plenty of times on the goose without chargers.

Back