Opensource Remote / BMS / BEC

bandaro said:
If one was after a "dumb" controller that only had the throttle, trim and on/off, would this be a plug and play option for a gt2B replacement?

I literally just want a controller that will speed me up and slow me down. I have a printer plus concepts for controller housings, and looking for a compact internal system to use. Your system with a potentiometer to replace the joystick (so it's a single axis motion) and a USB rechargeable 18650 would be brilliant if it's something I can plug in, trim the throttle and ride away.

If it fits the above, how long before I could get the system? I will design and make a controller housing myself for it anyway, but will need the electronics and it all programmed up from you.

the first step is always a dump controller - it works already with my proof of concept build:
i have one unit, exklusiv joystick, left at the moment, if it works save I can send it to you (hopefully 2 or 3 weeks)
IMG_6900_small.JPG
it would be nice if you share your housing concept (pm is ok) and your design for the potentiometer trigger - a small and good solution for a trigger is my biggest problem!

sl33py said:
Instead of the larger 18650, what about a small lipo in the range of 900-1000mAh?
What's the use time on the 2600mAh 18650 expected to be?

i have already a smaller 500mAh battery form ebay here, similar to this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/371448383205?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

the calculatet time is around 130 hours (peak consumtion around 20mA for a 2600mAh)
but the point is, that i have the space for the cell - why should i use a smaller battery if I dont want to make the case smaller?
another thing is the price - your cell cost around 2,5$ - a standart 18650 the same at a higher capacity
but smaller cells makes sense for other designs - for example the concept drawing for a evelve style case - here it is usefull to use a smaller Battery

please share your design for a remote - my design fits my hand nicely

I thought i'd share a smaller lipo option since you mentioned the battery in the holder was pretty big. I've got big hands (13 keys span on piano), so it's no issue for me. But i thought you were looking for smaller options to keep the remote smaller.

Great work! Do you have your prototype working with the screen and what will it show?

ok sorry - i cant explain it perfektly in english

i am looking for a smaller way to implement the trigger for speed up/break.

the only thing that is small enough is the joystick, i have not found a potentiometer (linear or thumb) that fits into a remote and comes automaticaly back to zero (as the joystick).
If you have some solutions i would be happy if you share it with me.

fuelre said:
the only thing that is small enough is the joystick, i have not found a potentiometer (linear or thumb) that fits into a remote and comes automatically back to zero (as the joystick).

I was looking at this in the past. Try searching in the forums someone previously posted a slide potentiometer and springs were just added to it to make it go back to neutral.

Back