Optibike Does Gadget Show...Again

Papa Pro

1 W
Hi all,

Can't believe "Murray Walker" commentated on the race! Neither did I realise sooo many celebrities were racing! But the Opti did us proud! Shame the rider could not get use to the bike in time for the race. But after the filming, they all raced again and the Opti WON!!!

Anyway, enough bragging for now. Here is the edited version of the show.
Well worth a look! I will make a better quality version soon.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1138099210899575455&hl=en

Cheers,

Rich

Btw, Note the Optibike nearly gets swiped by an SUV! Or a mini SUV ... How rude!

Hehe, nice one Richard, best race i've seen for a long time:)

Steve

Hi Papa,

thanks for posting, despite knoxies warning i missed the part of the show with the race :(
if you have a cleaner version that would be great!!! the opti did well and you could see that the rider wasn't very quick, should have asked jamie to ride :)
Again thanks for posting, saved me searching!!

Cheers,

D

Hi,

yes had seen that one but didn't realise it was your exact bike, thats some fun testing for sure :)
how is the opti? any updates or have you kept it all stock?
I haven't seen any footage of you riding, do you have any vids?

Cheers,

D

deecanio said:
Hi Papa,

thanks for posting, despite knoxies warning i missed the part of the show with the race :(
if you have a cleaner version that would be great!!! the opti did well and you could see that the rider wasn't very quick, should have asked jamie to ride :)
Again thanks for posting, saved me searching!!

Cheers,

D

They will repeat the show my freind. I think it's Sunday morning? Also, you can watch it on their website soon. They post every show there. I will redo the Video later as I am having hardware issues and need to fix it. So maybe a week or so.

Thanks for taking a look!

deecanio said:
Hi,

yes had seen that one but didn't realise it was your exact bike, thats some fun testing for sure :)

Cheers,

D

Hi D,

I have two black Optibike 800s. One is for test rides. The other for me. I will find a vid of our engineer Bob testing the brakes

deecanio said:
Hi,

Cheers,

D

Hi D,

The only other video is of our engineer Bob testing the brakes. I tried to upload some pics and video but they are too big. So here is a link to video of Bob testing me brakes http://groups.google.com/group/Tida...d/7c07f696cdb4782b/4bb9351437d23a35?lnk=gst&q

The bikes are pretty much there now. No upgrades for a while. The bikes are simply perfection. Not one unhappy customer! ;9)

Hi Richard,

thanks for posting the pics, i notice there was a lot of discussion on the TAGS and that you felt you may return to normal wheels :shock: im fairly surprised by this as i think the tags are quite beautiful, however i understand that weight could be saved by going back to the original wheels - where are you on this now?
Opti is a very nice looking bike, i think everyone has a part they love and a part they hate.
Me personally i like the tags but i hate the rear guard, i can't put my finger on why but i'd have to remove it myself and i'd also want some dual crowns :twisted:
Pop up any more pics/vids you can find as there doesn't seem too be many opti vids about, personally i think it's a great bike and a large step in the right direction imho.

Cheers,

D

Hi D,

I like the mud guards (Frenders) and the look of the TAGs. But for now I swapped back to the stock wheels. At 30mph off-road the TAGs do not perform as well. There are new ones coming soon.

The bikes are a real dream ride and if anyone wants a test ride then please let me know. it would be good to setup a UK meet so all can try out each others rides. Maybe make a kick ass movie?

Anyway, thanks for the possitive responce. I am trying hard to do good and it's working.

Btw, there are some good videos on our website http://www.optibike.co.uk

Hi Richard,

Have a look here........... http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6750
there looks to be a good number of us going and it should be a great day :)
Hopefully see you there 8)

Cheers,

D

Hi Richard

Great to see the bike on the show shame they didnt let Bob ride it though, I have seen that stoppie he did! he would have lapped them, Gadget show missing the point though in typical fashion, how can you say that the Petrol Goped is the best personal transport solution? you try using one of them on the road or the paths round here, the Optibike is easily the best out of that group and although whilst not strictly road legal either it can be made so and is so stealthy that you would never be stopped anyway, oh and try riding that gokart on the road as well.

IMHO they should have run the race again and used Bob instead of the presenter, ah well you cant moan too much as it was great advertising for the bike, I checked in on your website whilst the show was on and it was mighty slow and even didnt respond so it seems plenty of folks may have been checking it out.

I agree with you about the Tags the look nice but are too heavy for mainly road use, on such a relatively light bike I wouldn't want to bugger the handling and I would run the lightest strongest wheels that I could, good move.

Be great to see if you can make the meeting down in Brighton, be cool if not to see an optibike in the flesh!

Cheers

Knoxie

Hi Paul and all!

I will try hard to come mate. But I think I am not in the UK then? we will see. At least Bob will be there and will bring an Opti 800 to play with :)

Thanks for the responce to al!

Take care.

Back