• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Our Two 'New' eRecumbents

ediehl

1 mW
A RANS and an HP Velotechnik. I ordered a speedo cable extension for the HP, but it runs even without the speed sensor.

eRecumbents.jpg

They are both fully-suspended recumbents; a RANS Vivo (discontinued, I think), and an HP Velotechnik Street Machine. The latter already had a rear rack, whereas with the former I had to get creative in customizing a rack to attach to spots that don't move with the rear suspension. I've also had to order speedo cable extensions (though I believe that I could insert lengths using a soldering iron). The motors are BBS02 500W, and batteries are LiFeP04 36V 10ah. The battery packs are those aluminum containers that slide and lock onto plates atop the rear racks. Don't yet know what our range will be, because I've not yet ridden farther than 17 miles. I got the motors/batteries from BMSBattery.com; the purchase worked out pretty well and the prices were good, but I think tech support is essentially non-existent.

Back