Phaserunner Help on LED codes 2-5 and 2-7

mcgyvr17

1 µW
Hi folks at Endless-Sphere,

I’m hoping you can help me with a problem getting my V2 Phaserunner to operate OK. It’s been driving me nuts now for over 2 months, and my cracks at various settings in the suite often feels like hit or miss, trial and error. If there’s some specific LED code chart with Explanations and possible settings numbers to try (I can’t find it, other than random postings on endless-sphere), please guide me to it.

It ran great for over 2 years with a front eZee, but then I had to replace the eZee motor and now it’s just not happy. At first it was the code 2-2 and then it shuts off. Reset and OK again, keep the front wheel on the ground and take it easy, and no code. But it never had this problem before and my other (twin) bike runs the stock eZee controller and no issues there for over 5 years. So I know this issue can be fixed. These bikes run two separate systems, with a BBSHD driving the rear. No PAS, no CA, Low Amps (22 Amps, 48 volt battery), and 2 Throttles. The front tire will get some air time.

So after trying to raise the PLL and CRB in tandem (over a dozen different settings tries), I saw that the default in the newer software for this motor runs the CRB at 0 and use the Ki and Kp values. I set the PLL at 512 (2.0 in the old software), the Ki at 60 (Autotune default was 145.5, eZee default is 270, and I read on posts that it was best to keep this number Low?, and I left the Kp at the eZee default of 0.70). And then it was working good and testing good and I thought I had it.

Then on my first real ride, it worked good for a while (est. 30 minutes), but then it got weird. Nothing until over half throttle, and surging, so I got the codes. Throwing a 2-5 and a 2-7. Please let me know what parameters you would address to get these codes to leave me alone.

Then I tried to reset the Phaserunner and that was it. Dead in the water. So I’m guessing these codes have to be cleared before it will even try to have at it again?

Code 2-5 Instantaneous Controller Over Voltage (I don’t understand this. What setting would affect and fix this?

Code 2-7 POST Dynamic Gate Test Outside Range (Again, as above).

Thanks for any help or guidance you can give me.

Did you ever get a responce to what does error messages were? Or did you change any settings to make it work?

I have a similar issue when my v1 phaserunner now gives me the "Code 2-7 POST Dynamic Gate Test Outside Range"

I have no idea what that means and the only thing I have replaced in my system is the throttle... The Controller does work when no load is applied but seems to throw this error after some time under load.

Back