Ping V2.5 Reports

I've got two 48v Ping V2.5s. One 10Ah and one 15Ah. Maybe 30 cycles on the 10 Ah and about 15 cycles on the 15Ah. Ping even sent me some diodes to parellel them together. I used them for a while but the batteries balanced out so close to each other that I quit using the diodes. What can I say these batteries ROCK. Ping is a wonder to deal with and had them to me within 10 days I believe. The leds are such a great idea I'm sure we'll see them on other batteries.It's very reassuring to see those little lights come on. Plus they're kinda' mezmerizing. Like a Dead show I saw one time...

I have a 12v 15AH Ping Booster pack. It has a Signal Lab BMS. It delivers 45A all the way to 13AH.. I havent tested it pass that. But this little booger is strong. I had a dead battery in my car. I put i across the battery terminals for 20 secs and it cranked up. I was shocked.

one of my ping chargers has now broken after 1.2 years of service. thats acceptable to me. i think its a loose connection from being bashed around.

one of my ping 48v 12ah batteries is down to about 2/3 performance after 1.2 years of daily use (est 500 cycles). not too bad. was paralleled to other batteries and i kept within the useage specs.

icecube57 said:
I have a 12v 15AH Ping Booster pack. It has a Signal Lab BMS. It delivers 45A all the way to 13AH.. I havent tested it pass that. But this little booger is strong. I had a dead battery in my car. I put i across the battery terminals for 20 secs and it cranked up. I was shocked.

wow is that the V3 ping? my V2.5 ping could never sustain 3C for 87% dod. even when new. at least not without spectacular doltage drop. have you measured the voltage drop to be safe?

O.K. what is this V3 ? I have a V2.5 48v20ah it had a 40amp. BMS signalab. When I replaced it with a 60amp. BMS signalab on Pings suggestion. Because I'm runninng a 600BMC with a 4840 crstalyte and blown a set of cells so he had me run the 60amp. BMS. Is this a V3 ? I will get a C.A. to turn down the AMPS. when I get some money, So for now I put a peice of tape to help limit my throttle. I know it not the cure, But I do watch my throttle. What's a V3 ?

a V3 was a more expensive battery that ping was selling. it could do 3C continuous discharge three times the power of our batteries.

i load tested my ping batteries for voltage drop today. my 12ah 48V battery sagged to 51V at 10 amps. that still seams ok for a battery rated at 1C continuous discharge.

monster said:
one of my ping chargers has now broken after 1.2 years of service. thats acceptable to me. i think its a loose connection from being bashed around.

one of my ping 48v 12ah batteries is down to about 2/3 performance after 1.2 years of daily use (est 500 cycles). not too bad. was paralleled to other batteries and i kept within the useage specs.

actually the pings might not have aged as much as i though. i just found that the A123's that i had added to the pack have died and that accounts for the range and power decrease of the pack. probably the ping has not aged much at all.

Back