Please help with building LIPO battery

Hello,

i have this kit

CYCLONE 3 CHAINWHEEL BOTTOM BRACKET 48V 1680 WATT EBIKE KIT from eclipsebikes.com
Controler is imho same as this one http://sickbikeparts.com/36v-72v-cyclone-controller/
and i have ordered new throttle up to 72V

And 36x 8Ah lipo cells (6x zippy 6s 8ah 30c)

Which combination will be the best for me?

- 12s 24ah

- 14s 16Ah - ideal for space in my bike bag and ideal for my charger (two channel 7s) but i dunno if the controler, motor and throttle can handle this voltage and i will not use all cells

- 18s 16Ah - i dunno if controler, motor and throttle can handle this voltage

- another

thank you for any advices and thoughts

sorry for my simple english :)

mafire@email.c said:
Hello,

i have this kit

CYCLONE 3 CHAINWHEEL BOTTOM BRACKET 48V 1680 WATT EBIKE KIT from eclipsebikes.com
Controler is imho same as this one http://sickbikeparts.com/36v-72v-cyclone-controller/
and i have ordered new throttle up to 72V

And 36x 8Ah lipo cells (6x zippy 6s 8ah 30c)

Which combination will be the best for me?

- 12s 24ah

- 14s 16Ah - ideal for space in my bike bag and ideal for my charger (two channel 7s) but i dunno if the controler, motor and throttle can handle this voltage and i will not use all cells

- 18s 16Ah - i dunno if controler, motor and throttle can handle this voltage

- another

thank you for any advices and thoughts

sorry for my simple english :)

Since the site for that controller lacks any kind of infomation, we can only assume that the Low Voltage Cut-offs would be 31 V and 42 V. A LVC of 42 is a good match for 12S.
The first basic rule of using LiPoly is to have a good, fool-proof LVC. If you don't understand this, I would suggest you do some more studying on LiPoly or use a "plug and play" battery pack w/ Li-Ion chemistry.

iam not worry about LVC, i have cycle analyst and lipo alarms. But thank you, maybe i will just do two batteries: 12s 16ah and 12s 8 Ah for smaller distances.

Back