Please recommend me a 100V FET for the Bafang G510 controller

Darren2018

100 W
Please could someone recommend a high quality 100V FET which is suitable for this controller? It is currently using these:

HYG064N08NA1B
Marking Code: G064N08
Type of Transistor: MOSFET
Type of Control Channel: N -Channel
Maximum Power Dissipation (Pd): 208 W
Maximum Drain-Source Voltage |Vds|: 80 V
Maximum Gate-Source Voltage |Vgs|: 25 V
Maximum Gate-Threshold Voltage |Vgs(th)|: 4 V
Maximum Drain Current |Id|: 120 A
Maximum Junction Temperature (Tj): 175 °C
Total Gate Charge (Qg): 65 nC
Rise Time (tr): 84 nS
Drain-Source Capacitance (Cd): 460 pF
Maximum Drain-Source On-State Resistance (Rds): 0.0075 Ohm

IMG_0678.jpg

Do you plan to change all isn't? Otherwise they can make unbalanced electric loads.. I looked the values and they are generic values actually not best of best.. Did you looked to Digikey? With digikey's parametric filtering you can find good value ones..

Last edited:

You can buy the original if you're looking to fix.

If looking to upgrade, I've had good luck with infineon, on semi and cr micro (cr micro is a cheap Chinese brand) but the ti one mentioned above liked to die on me.
I built with these and it lives on. There are better ones in the range now but the unit capacitance gets large.

Last edited:

If looking to upgrade, I've had good luck with infineon, on semi and cr micro (cr micro is a cheap Chinese brand) but the ti one mentioned above liked to die on me.
Do switching characteristics matter? The stock Chinese HYG064N08NA1B have low capacitance, gate charge and rise time values in comparison. I tried to match the values as close as possible to the stock FETs and it is impossible with the really low RDSon 100V FETs which is probably because the RDSon is tied directly to those other values. I am not sure how important switching characteristics are but someone once told me that the switching speed can be important due to the inefficiencies that are generated from being in a high resistance region for a large percentage of time. In theory this would be balanced out from the lower RDSon but if the gate driver cannot supply enough current then this would potentially make an inefficient mess of all the components. I decided to go with 4.6mOhm 100V with low capacitance and fast switching so I do not run into any issues with the stock gate driver not being able to supply enough current or any switch times being slow. The stock FETs already appear to be good for a lot more current than 30A and they are ~7.5mOhm so 4.6mOhm with similar switching properties should be more than enough without any potential problems of driving a more powerful FET.

Do you plan to change all isn't? Otherwise they can make unbalanced electric loads.. I looked the values and they are generic values actually not best of best.. Did you looked to Digikey? With digikey's parametric filtering you can find good value ones..
I will keep them all the same, thanks.

I built with these and it lives on. There are better ones in the range now but the unit capacitance gets large.
Did you use those for 20S 60A in the G510/M620 controller? I think the better ones might be suited to other applications. A really low RDSon would be ideal for something like a spot welder.

Back