Power Upgrade For Prodeco Oasis 28 MPH Version

Dragging up this thread yet again. My LifeP04 batteries reached about 60% capacity and 80% capacity so I figured I'd get them rebuilt. Would like to have used new LFP cells but it was not to be. Ended up using a company called Hi-C in Colorado. They squeezed 14S/7P of LG 3200 mAh cells into each of the two packs so I now have 44.8 Raw Amp Hours and 2.32 Kilowatt Hours of capacity. I will use at max, 75% of that capacity and probably closer to 70% normally so 31 Amp Hours and 1.62 Kilowatt Hours. At my usual 14 Watt Hours per mile, I can reach about 115 miles range but I don't think my body will take that long of a ride. The rebuilt batteries weigh 12 lbs each which is very close to what they weighed before with LFP cells.

I used them for 7 years. The reason I could keep them beyond the 20% capacity loss point is that I used them in Parallel so combined even with the loses, I had more capacity than one new pack.

3200 miles
92 cycles
35,000 Watt Hours

Not very impressive

Well I look at years. In the heat and the cold. I purchased two batteries. started off want two motors, then decided to run them in parallel but worried about the weight. So I swap them ever so often. Have over 5000 miles, something like 20 cycles each or 40 total in two years, need to look for sure.. Did not ride much in the last year. Each battery is 72V 24ah so don't charge them very often and each cycle is really on around 50-70%.

I'm think time, heat and the cold will get them before I hit 300 cycles

by BVH » Aug 29 2021 10:53am

I used them for 7 years. The reason I could keep them beyond the 20% capacity loss point is that I used them in Parallel so combined even with the loses, I had more capacity than one new pack.

3200 miles
92 cycles
35,000 Watt Hours

Not very impressive

I finally used 60% of the capacity of my two new packs (running them in Parallel) with the following totals:

Miles.................... 149
Watt Hours............1,716
Watt Hrs Per Mile.....11.5

Data from the Cycle Analyst V3

The 22.5 Amp Hour packs are resting at 48.6V. They were charged to 4.2VPC with a 2 Amp Hr CV cutoff. With so much range, I will probably charge to 4.0 VPC and draw down to about 50 pack Volts/3.6VPC resting hoping to greatly increase cycle life.

One of my batteries shut off at 74V figured it is that far out of balance. Don't charge to 100% but twice a year, that is not enough. Going to take off the shrink wrap and strip it down to the cells so they can be tested. If they are not down to 2V or low will balance them and add some more wire to balance them at storage voltage. Will do the other pack after this one. Knew this day would come and did not want to charge to 100%. Using them for 3.5 years, wanted to get 5 or more.

Back