Prokit 901 48v 1000w, max ah i should buy

rastafhur

1 µW
Hi guys!
Just bought the prokit-901 from devi motion and my question is, i´m going to buy a 48v lifepo4 but i don´t know how many ah i should buy.
i heard that the controller isn't that good, but it´s my first time using and hub motor and i´m afraid 48v won´t be enough for me or maybe it is (by the way this is for a drift trike, 20" front).
In the future i would like to change the controller for this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/272804453793 and buy a 60v or even 72v 30ah battery.
Should i buy this controller and go straight to a 60v battery or 48v will be enough?
Thanks in advance.

Anything larger than 48v 20 ah will be a big heavy bitch to carry.

Multiple batteries perhaps? two 15 ah?

You need a battery capable of delivering 20amps constant 1000w divided by 48v is the amperage

If you buy lifepo4 chemistry get 15ah minimum pack size since they typically have lower discharge rates(20ah will be heavy in this)
If you go with a 18650 li-ion pack it depends on the model of cells since they vary so much

rastafhur said:
Hi guys!
Just bought the prokit-901 from devi motion and my question is, i´m going to buy a 48v lifepo4 but i don´t know how many ah i should buy.
i heard that the controller isn't that good, but it´s my first time using and hub motor and i´m afraid 48v won´t be enough for me or maybe it is (by the way this is for a drift trike, 20" front).
In the future i would like to change the controller for this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/272804453793 and buy a 60v or even 72v 30ah battery.
Should i buy this controller and go straight to a 60v battery or 48v will be enough?
Thanks in advance.

Hey,
I'm looking at the same kit (Prokit 901 48v 1000w) for a kick-scooter project. I was wondering if you could give your thoughts on the kit, which I'm getting from DeVi Motion. Also what battery and controller did you end up using?
thanks

rastafhur said:
Just bought the prokit-901...

my first time using and hub motor and i´m afraid 48v won´t be enough for me or maybe it is (by the way this is for a drift trike...

Voltage does make the top speed that you can achieve.

Watts does make the acceleration force

Unfortunately, they don’t give details about the motor nor controller. So it is difficult to tell the speed that you will do on 48v

1000w hub motors can be fed much more, DD hubs especially (according to their weight). Battery C rate and controller size/settings are making your potential power.

Take the battery current limit on the controller and add 25%.
Because it is unlikely that the current limit will be drawn constantly, but it is nice to have overhead in your discharge, for the sake of the life of the cells.

Then buy a battery that can deliver that final amp figure.

Next time though, get important specs before you buy. Like a dyno graph of the motor, or at least the brand name and model of the motor so you can hunt down an idea on a datasheet published by the actual manufacturer or just check and see if it is on the ebikes.ca motor simulator already, which will how you how much amperage/voltage is required to go X speed on a given wheel size. Then you can map out your build appropriately next time.

Also, watch out for calibike. They've lied about specs and refused to fix them in the past.

One example is saying that their generic UPP relabel batteries have Tesla cells in them.
These packs contain generic low quality Chinese cells.

And the 3000w/5000w motor is most likely a 2250w continuous motor if it's a MXUS 3kw relabel.
The 2000w rated ebike kit is actually a MAC motor and MAC rates it at 1000w.
Who knows about the supposed 1000w rated small geared motor. Absolutely not 1000w rated though given the single reduction. The best small geared motor out there today is only good for 700w continuous.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

http://www.devi-motion.com/webshop/e-bike-kit/p-1/D1000052.html

So this is your kit?
hm.. 328rpm on what voltage, 48v?
..and for all winds, or just the 26" wheel size?

If it's really a 500w motor, then this is probably a late 2000's 9 continent knockoff that's 24mm wide, thus 1000w is actually pushing that motor pretty hard.
But we don't know the winding for the 20" wheel, so we can't punch it into the ebikes.ca simulator and get a proper result.

Spin it up and measure the unloaded rpm and divide battery voltage by rpm to get the unloaded kV figure, and then you can probably correlate it with an existing motor and find out how many amps it needs.

My guess is that a realistic maximum for that old wimpy motor is more like 25A on 48v, but continuous is much less.

But we have no clue what the winding is, the stator diameter, or the lamination thickness so this is just a wild shot in the dark.

Exactly. Too many sellers are lying or keeping you in the dark about what they are selling.

Serious businesses are not waiting for clients to ask. They are proud to publish specs and bench tests.

Now you are buying a surprize box, that could contain anything. You judge what you can do with it after you have it in hand.

Back