• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

QS 260 HUB 40h 40mm magnets new hub for 155mm dropouts

minde28383

10 kW
Hi,
to those who read this.
maybe you saw some discussion about new qs 260 40h version? can't find it here. Do you have something to say about it? Good, better, not worth to upgrade, compared to 205 50h? It's 3kg+ heavier than 205 50h but it has 16mm2 phase and bigger diameter. Personal opinions welcome. Don't be shy.

I'll mention key specs so you know about what we are talking about and adding drawing of the 260 40h too
40mm magnets
axle is 12mm vs 10mm
155mm dropouts.

Attachments

• 260.jpg
    260.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1
From my understanding they use the same shell for a 50mm magnets as they do for a 40mm the funny thing is they almost weigh the same it's only about 2 lb lighter about outwards the same size it just inside smaller stater smaller magnets. As I understand with my conversations with QS motors. It was more like a Crystal light motor with 135 or a mxus with 140 2mm dropouts it would be a usable motor

From my understanding they use the same shell for a 50mm magnets as they do for a 40mm the funny thing is they almost weigh the same it's only about 2 lb lighter about outwards the same size it just inside smaller stater smaller magnets. As I understand with my conversations with QS motors. It was more like a Crystal light motor with 135 or a mxus with 140 2mm dropouts it would be a usable motor
no no, you mixing something. This is different motor. it is 260 which is 286mm diameter where spokes are laced. This is similar to 273 but slightly less in diameter. It weighs 16.2kg,

Ok I asked QS for a 40mm stator looking for something lighter than a mxus 45mm as the Mxus is the limit for wieght for a mtb. I am looking for a 40 mm motor at a reasonable price I was looking for the higher quality of a QS motor. I will follow along and see if I can learn something. Thank you

Back