Radster First Impression

Recently purchased Radpower Radster ebike. The Radster reviews are excellent but wanted to mention a few things. radster radpower review - Search Videos
I've been ebiking for about 15 years so owned a few ebikes. Currently I own Elux and Radpower Radcity. The Elux is very comfortable cruiser I use for biking designated bike trails. But it's lightweight aluminum frame tends to flex even though it's high step so prefer to use it for casual bike trail biking. My Radcity is very sturdy and solid bike, better for commuting in heavy traffic. I purchased the Radster d/t to it's larger frame. MY 2019 Radcity only came in one size "fits all" which isn't nearly true for taller guys. I'm 5'10", legs are cramped on Radcity. Radcity smaller frame not comfortable for old knees with plenty of wear and tear. The Radster offered large frame size and higher hub torque power (100 Nm) for easier biking and hill climbing.
First impressions: bike is HEAVY. I should have read the specs closer. I'm used to heavy bikes, my direct drive hub powered radcity is no lightweight but I was shocked by Radster's weight. Radster is 78 lbs! Also, the headlight is 200 lumen. Bike has turn signals but would prefer higher lumen headlight.. I do appreciate the higher gearing 8 speed and class 3 option. Currently logged about 30 miles on Radster, hopefully I'll adjust to the heavy weight.

Attachments

• ELUX.jpg
    ELUX.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240531_114609.jpg
    20240531_114609.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 3-min_500x.png
    3-min_500x.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 7
Back