Rated power ?

Cees said:
@ Chalo. At steady full speed the power is about 350 W during acceleration the power is at 960 W.

350W of electrical power will be something less than 300W of power at the shaft, after efficiency losses. Run the speed calculator again with say 260W of power input. That's what you can expect.

The good news is that your bike is running in a highly efficient speed range (for the motor). The bad news is that you'll have to increase either your battery voltage or your wheel diameter to increase your bike's speed. Or you can switch to a motor that runs at higher RPM.

@Chalo

Thanks for your input and advices. So for the time being i will leave it like it is but once my battery has to be replaced i will get an 52V battery for just the few missing mph. Further i am happy with the bike (I have only 1 week experience with this new bike). The cadence sensor is the only thing i not really like. At every PAS level you immediately get the max. support of the chosen PAS level even if you rotate the pedels with a speed of 1 rotation in for instance every 10 sec. So it is more like an on/off switch and actually it makes the throttle obsolete.

These are the answers on questions i asked Bafang :

Can you tell me what the nominal power (Watt) is of this Bafang motor : BFSWX02 48 V (12)

What is the number of rotations at max. throtlle ?

So i can run my engine also at 750 Watt nominal. What will it bring me ??????

So if i change my battery from 48V/12A to 48V/15A I have an 750 W ebike ?? I probably need to exchange the controller for a 15 A one (now 10A) ??

Cees said:
These are the answers on questions i asked Bafang :

Can you tell me what the nominal power (Watt) is of this Bafang motor : BFSWX02 48 V (12)

What is the number of rotations at max. throtlle ?

So i can run my engine also at 750 Watt nominal. What will it bring me ??????

So if i change my battery from 48V/12A to 48V/15A I have an 750 W ebike ?? I probably need to exchange the controller for a 15 A one (now 10A) ??

So knowing the above what will be the most save option (don't want to destroy the motor) to get more out of the motor :

now I have : 48V/12 A battery and 10A controller (max 20A).

1). 52V/12A battery and 10A controller
2). 52V/12A battery and 15A controller
3). 52V/15A battery and 10A controller
4). 52V/15A battery and 15A controller
5). 48V/15A battery and 15A controller

and what will the different options bring ?

edit : Anyone does have the knowledge about it ?

Back