regeneration diferences

shuckswon1

100 mW
Could anyone please shine some light about why my setup using ping 48v 15ah battery provides a really strong braking power but the same set up using
a 66v or 98v 10ah hk lipo does not seem to provide braking at all? The only difference is the battery type and voltage. thanks shucks

Bingo, you are probably right. I'm using a lyen 18fet programable controller. I will look at my program and check. I should have thought of that. Thanks

Don't know if you can change it via programming, but if you can't, you will have to change the LVC to reflect a higher voltage. Had to change mine for regen to work at 100V.

You could just be maxing out the max wattage your controller can regen. Happened to me when I went from 84 volts (decent regen) to 100 volts for a while, with almost none. Pick your bike up, let the motor rip and then use the regen button, and see if it stops the wheel.
It all goes down to the simple equation W=VXA. The more volts you have the less stopping power you will get. Same goes for having less volts.

Yea I looked at my program and regin only goes up to 75v anyway. Had it set for 55v. Changed it to 60v cause thats the highest voltage of my ping
and I would hate to over charge it. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Small price to pay to be able to flip flop my batterys. I had this urge to go
faster and faster. Now that I used 98v on lipo and was still accelerating at 45mph the desire for speed is gone. There is no way I want to go that fast unless Im being chased by Godzilla. I'm gonna drop back to 66v. Then focus on improving torque +acceleration up to about 35mph. Thats plenty to achieve the grin factor.
I guess its time to look at hubs again. I dont even know what type of hub I have now.Need to post some pictures and see if anyone can ID it. I think it was ment for high rpms not torque. I have 4 old crystalyte 408s, from 10 yrs. ago. wonder what I could squeeze out of one of those?
Thanks guys for input. My city is packed with people but very few do what we do. It good to have others perspective.

Back