[RESOLVED : burnt...] Nkon : Still not received April, 28

alexis57

100 W
Hi,

I just wanted to alert you guys about my order from Nkon !
I'm gonna give many informations !

April, 24 : After someone advised me here to buy from Nkon, I ordered 52 Panasonic NCR18650PF for 145.6€.
AND 27€ of fees shipping (MORE than FEDEX or UPS)

April, 28 : The package is shipped by PostNL !

Today, May, 21 : Still not received. On the PostNL website, the delay for Japan is 4-7days but now, it's more than 20 days and the package is still not arrived to Japan !
Few days ago, I contacted Nkon about this delay and no news, I don't know if they will ask to PostNL.

Unfortunately, I cannot do anything because the sender HAS TO do, not the receiver ....

PostNL replied me :
For enquiries about your international shipments we advice you to contact the webshop/seller where you have placed the order. Only the sender (and not the receiver) can start an official inquiry about the shipment via its Account Team.

And since the package is still not arrived to Japan, I cannot ask to the Japan Post ...

Last state from the tracking number :
State occurrence date
(In local time if occurred overseas) Shipping track record Details Office Prefecture / Country
ZIP code(Postal code number)
04/30/2015 07:35 Dispatch from outward office of exchange AMSTERDAM EXP NETHERLANDS

I paid 27€ (30$) for a shipping like a slow one from China for very cheaper !
27€ is more expensive than a shipping by Fedex or UPS who ship in maximum 4days !

Then, next time you want to buy batteries, be careful and for now, I really cannot advise you to order to Nkon.
Even if they shipped the package, there is no after-sales service in case where the package doesn't come.

I'm waiting for some days, and I'll open a paypal dispute. (Fortunately, I paid by Paypal ...)

If questions or remarks, don't hesitate !

I can just say LOL to this.

First - shipping is extremely cheap. Second, that means that it's traveling by surface, not by air. That means that it's normal for it to take up to two or even three months! And you are expecting it in 20 days... lol.

Air shipping would probably cost 150$ minimum.. Not worth it, it's better to wait.
Nkon has great service so don't worry, you will receive your package.
And it can be that the customs are holding the package for too long, that's often a case.

Nobuo said:
This is the first shipping issue I've ever seen from Nkon, I'm pretty sure they will be fair with that shipping freeze.

Aren't you able to buy high Panasonic cells cheaper from Japan? :roll:

Ok, it's the first one you see then it's the first one for Nkon ?! Come on... I hope they will be fair.
No, it's not possible to buy 18650 cells in Japan. And especially not Panasonic or Sony which is only for companies, not for people.

riba2233 said:
I can just say LOL to this.
First - shipping is extremely cheap. Second, that means that it's traveling by surface, not by air. That means that it's normal for it to take up to two or even three months! And you are expecting it in 20 days... lol.
Air shipping would probably cost 150$ minimum.. Not worth it, it's better to wait.
Nkon has great service so don't worry, you will receive your package.
And it can be that the customs are holding the package for too long, that's often a case.

Then I can just say LOL to your reply ...

Shipping is extremely cheap ? 27€ for less than 3Kg ? are you kidding me ? FEDEX or UPS are cheaper.
My friends even don't pay that much when they send me a 5Kg package with tracking number and insurance and I receive it in one week. (From France, farther than Netherland)

When I pay 27€ for a shipping where the shipping company says 4-7days to Japan, yes I expect that the package will be delivered before 20days. I cannot understand your logic...
At the bottom of the page : Delivery rates
http://www.postnl.com/parcels/parcel-delivery-benelux/insured-delivery/

When you pay for FEDEX, you expect to receive your package within one week, not 2 or 3 months just because another shipping way would take 2-3months.
It's a totally silly thinking way...

I'm okay you want to support Nkon but please, be coherent...

I'm waiting for, no choice, and no it's not held by customs, otherwise the tracking would have said.

Here in the US, tracking won't say a thing till it does clear customs.

alexis57 said:
I'm okay you want to support Nkon but please, be coherent...

I'm waiting for, no choice, and no it's not held by customs, otherwise the tracking would have said.

You must be realistic, shipping batteries is whole another story. Also, you saved lots of money just on cell cost, so shipping is really not a big deal.

Remember - it's a surface shipping!

Also, after the package leaves home country, tracking updates are in hands of other post companies, so it may or may not be updated regularly.

EDIT: I've just checked - cheapest option from Croatia to Japan, surface package, for 3 kg package, cost 50$! And don't let me even mention how much does fedex or ups costs (it's in 200-300$ range). I really don't know where did you see such cheap shipping options.

(postnl.com doesn't work currently so I can't check their prices. But I know that it's 34$ for 1.5 kg surface package from Belgium with bepost)

I had a huge yellow box shipped from China got the notice from the post office . They couldn't find it for two weeks in the local post office. It wasn't Pings fault that the post office lost the package or if custom stalls out the shipping of the package. Batteries are now on their own time schedule this time in our world.

I remember it's a surface shipping but it's not the point.

The point is PostNL says 4-7days to Japan and it's more than 20days. Means the seller can do something for this. Ask where is the package, ask a refund, ask a compensation to PostNL.
If Amazon told you next day shipping and after 1 week you still don't received it, you'll be mad, it's same.

The tracking in Japan is really good, I received at least 5 packages each week and no one missed the tracking after arrival. But for this, the package has to be arrived here...

Anyway, I'm still waiting for some days.

Yes but he is the seller and the sender, only him can ask to PostNL...
Im waiting for, I hope the package will be deliver quickly. I already received everything from Japan for free shipping and slower one I ordered after the batteries..

All you can do is pester the seller. If it never shows, he owes. Make the formal protest for your money before time runs out, depending on how you paid.

It's clearly lost, held in customs, or gone to the damaged package black hole. They might have scraped off the shipping label. I recently had an 8 foot long kayack get lost in shipping. It's somewhere, that's for sure. How do you overlook an 8' boat? I suspect it "fell off the truck". My refund was no problem, but I went and bought the boat in a brick and mortar store later.

Did Nkon advise a delivery time of 4-7 days, or is this generic information (probably concerning regular airmail) taken from the Dutch Post Office website?

Didn't mean to knock the seller. Still very possible it's sitting in customs. Or just in slow transit not tracking since it shipped.

But if it stuck on a conveyer, got the label scraped off, then they have no idea where it should have gone. It happens sometimes.

After one month, still not received and still not in Japan.

http://ru.nkon.nl/bestel
For Russia:
- Big parcel with tracking and 2-7kg parcels: About 4 weeks delivery time. Delivery time varies a lot! We ship them out only once a week, on Friday. Order Thursday or Friday early in the morning and it will be shipped Friday.

Other countries:
- Big parcel with tracking and 2-5 kg parcels: About 2-3 weeks delivery time:

Packages are limited by there weight. A small parcel is at most 500 gram, a medium parcel 1 kg and a big parcel 2 kg.
Other countries than Russia: delivery is about 1-2 weeks to most locations.

And still dont have any answer from the seller. Neither by mail nor on paypal.

Still waiting.

I order from Nkon every month.............fast delivery. So it must be the customs holding it back.

Ironic you can't buy Panasonic cells, even in Japan.
You should find their office, bang on their door and harass them to sell you cells. The Japanese would love that.

okashira said:
You should find their office, bang on their door and harass them to sell you cells. The Japanese would love that.
Haha yes... but it's often like this.
I contacted a lot of shops and webshops but they all told me it's not possible to get cells in Japan. They all buy in China ( There isn't any factory in Japan, all are in China ).

It's same for many countries and many companies. For example Apple, you couldn't buy an Apple directly in China, it's compulsory that all the production go to the USA before, it's silly but it's like this.
Welcome in the commercial world.

Guys... you didnt understand anything, you said "fast delivery", "good delivery", yes Nkon shipped fast (2days) but it's not thanks to Nkon your package arrived fast...
But more than 10days and still any reply from them. That's an after-sale bullshit service.
It's when there is a problem that we can see the serious and skills of the shop not when everything is ok.

I'm sure it's not in customs, the tracking from the JapanPost is really good and fast. For every packages I got, the tracking was refreshed within the day.

alexis57 said:
okashira said:
Haha yes... but it's often like this.
I contacted a lot of shops and webshops but they all told me it's not possible to get cells in Japan. They all buy in China ( There isn't any factory in Japan, all are in China ).

It's same for many countries and many companies. For example Apple, you couldn't buy an Apple directly in China, it's compulsory that all the production go to the USA before, it's silly but it's like this.
Welcome in the commercial world.

Guys... you didnt understand anything, you said "fast delivery", "good delivery", yes Nkon shipped fast (2days) but it's not thanks to Nkon your package arrived fast...
But more than 10days and still any reply from them. That's an after-sale bullshit service.
It's when there is a problem that we can see the serious and skills of the shop not when everything is ok.

I'm sure it's not in customs, the tracking from the JapanPost is really good and fast. For every packages I got, the tracking was refreshed within the day.

I'm about 99.999% sure the Panasonic cell factories are in Japan...

okashira said:
I'm about 99.999% sure the Panasonic cell factories are in Japan...
I don't really know why you're sure at 99.999%.(maybe the small "Made in Japan" on cells)
But when you say that, it's better to give a source... just "I'm sure at 99.999%" won't make you be right ever and for anybody.
Panasonic factories for lithium batteries are well in China but maybe not for 18650, I don't know.
http://news.panasonic.com/global/topics/2012/11435.html
Even if Panasonic factotries for 18650 batteries were in Japan, it's still hard or as people told me, impossible to buy them.

Anyway, still waiting for.

Reply for NKON :

PostNL told me the shipment was destroyed in London due to li-ion...

1 month for nothing :/ I'll ask if they burnt by themselves or if the custom/shipping company made it burnt.

alexis57 said:
Reply for NKON :

PostNL told me the shipment was destroyed in London due to li-ion...

1 month for nothing :/ I'll ask if they burnt by themselves or if the custom/shipping company made it burnt.

Wow, I'm really sorry about that. I'm 99.99% sure cells doesn't burnt themselves, and customs did.

So that would be the reason why Nkon shipments are cheap, maybe they don't declare that they are lithium cells (that's enough reason for customs to burn the stuff)

I would really liked to saw their face expressions hearing the explosions while burning the cells :evil:

why the cells were in London? :shock:

Yes, they don't burn themselves, I misread lol "was destroyed" means someone destroyed them.

Yes... it's too pity because Li-ion without any contact are safe... It's only in a electronic goods that they could be dangerous..
Just wasting time, they even didn't update the tracking :/

I don't know... I'm waiting for the reply of Nkon.

Back