Ride Report & Video....25 mile trip on Jeep-trails in Citrus Wildlife Management Area

pullin-gs

1 kW
Ride report for August 28 2021 trip through Citrus Wildlife Management Area (CWMA).
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9e7vcZStVw[/youtube]
CWMA offers up some great off-road riding in Florida's Nature Coast area.
Over 90 miles of forest roads
Registered motor vehicles and bikes only.
Hiking and horseback riding permitted also.
Total ride distance was 25 miles (33 miles if I include ride from home to CWMA FR13 entrance).
Had a lot of rain a few weeks back, but conditions were mostly dry for this ride.

I did not see any other traffic. I started on north side of CWMA on FR13, zigged onto FR2, and then zagged onto my destination: FR19!
FR19 portion of ride starts at timestamp 1:30 into ride. I recorded entire portion of FR19.
For the most part ride was uneventful. No damage to bike/body!
I did endo my bike once. A quick dusting off of ride/self and I continued on my way.
FR11A portion of my ride starts at timestamp 14:30.
FR11A is fast and offers up some nice curves.
What a cool place to visit! And to think it is only 3 miles from home!
Shot with a GoPro hero 7 ( I love the hands-off verbal commands)!

Eastwood said:
Thanks for sharing! That’s nice it’s so close to your house.
Yes, CWMA is a great place to ride (MTB and motorbike). That is what the post is about, not really my bike. Hopefully I did not pollute my own thread due to choice of my ride.
FYI check out the area. Citrus county Florida offers up hundreds of miles of mountain bike trails look at Croom in Withlacoochee state park (50 miles of single track) and Santos (80 miles of single track) next door in Ocala.
It is a very popular biking destination for serious bikers.
But wait, thats not all! Check out Withlacoochee bike path for 50 miles of one of the best contiguous PAVED (and VERY FAST!) bike paths in the country! I kid you not....it is THAT good IMO.
We moved here 4 years ago and I am still discovering new local biking opportunities all the time. :-D

Back