RisunMotor/Sabvoton SVMC7280-M controller

mattskiva

10 µW
Hello,

I just purchased a "hallomotor" controller with TFT -- tag says it's a Sabvoton SVMC7280-M, though the TFT says RisunMotor when it starts up.

Anyway, there is some info out here on them which is helpful, but I have run into an issue that I am hoping someone has addressed before.

After a bunch of messing around, I was able to get the iphone app to connect to the controller. When I did, I got the hall motor test to (sort of) run but I accidentally stopped it partway through. I restarted and since then, every time I try to connect to the app, I get connected, it flashes "normal" under the bike on the screen and then I get a red "Restart" instead of "Normal". This happens no matter what I try - resetting the battery, connecting or disconnecting the wires, etc. I cannot get the app to communicate. When I scroll down to Parameters, all are at 0.

The screen will connect just fine but it says "30H error" and shows the engine symbol, even though if I move the throttle, the motor works.

Any ideas? I've tried about everything I can think of.

Adding a couple photos. First is of the display when I connect via USB -- this is with the control cable (green and brown wires) disconnected, the console plug in, and usb installed. It connects and briefly flashes "normal" before almost immediately going to "Restart".

Second is of the display -- I am seeing the voltage correctly but 30H and engine symbol. This is with the control cable plugged in properly.

I was able to wire the ignition in properly now and I can use my key start correctly, and I actually rode the bike and the motor works -- in fact, works great -- much faster than my previous controller. But I have no display and no ability to program the controller.

Any ideas?

IMG_3602.png

IMG_3604.jpg

mattskiva said:
Any ideas? I've tried about everything I can think of.

Never had this problem, but I never tried to stop the calibration process either.
Controllers really don't like to be messed with whenever they are doing some stuff like calibration, saving or actively communicating.

The first thing I'd tried would be to reinstall the app, I doubt it will solve the problem cuz it seems more firmware related, since otherwise you wouldn't have an issue with the screen or in usb... but you didn't mention doing it so maybe this could solve the issue for some reason.
I think that the part of the circuitry or firmware responsible of serial communication has been messed up. I don't really know if and how you can reset it. The only option I see is to contat the seller and ask him if there is any way to reset to factory somehow?

Also, try to disconnect everything from it, wait a few hours for all the internal capacitors to discharge and test again (I guess you already did that but just in case...)

Back