sabvoton dead screen

Hey, i'm running what i believe is a 750C tft with my sabvoton 80A, I slammed on the regen earlier today at a full charge (calssic noob error i know) and it seems my screen was the model without any kind of surge protection as i seem to have nuked the screen (and the bms of my battery but that's another issue :oops: ). The screen actually seems to be basically fully functional and the controller works just fine when the screen is bypassed, there are two glaring issues though. First the screen will not stay on, If i hold the on button it boots up, all fine and dandy, the seedo does it's little animation, alls good. but the milisecond i release the on button, the screen (and therefore the controller) turns off. the other issue is that while on the screen displays error 30H, which i think is a throttle error? but when the screen is bypassed the throttle works fine though the throttle has no effect when the screen is in charge. My question is how fixable do you guys think this is? could it be as simple as replacing a blown cap or diode or is something more substantial messed up? thanks :D

30h is probably a comm error, if you search on that in previous threads.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=30h&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
That means either the screen or the controller or both have blown comm lines, which are probably part of the MCU and not replaceable. (you'd have to trace the wires to find out).

If the display wont' stay on, then whatever electronics are on that button to latch the power on are damaged. That is also probably the MCU, but again you'd have to trace it to find out.

The throttle thing is probably the MCU, as well, but...you'd have to trace it to be sure.

So, while it is possible there are discrete components that have failed, and could be replaced, it's likley there is actual damage to the MCU itself, which you can't replace. (or rather, you can't get an MCU with the right programming on it to replace it with; you can always replace it with a blank but the software is not available to reprogram it).

The other issue is that the parts that convert the battery votlage to low voltages for chips to run on may be damaged, and outputting the wrong voltage (too high or too low). It's possible the throttle thing is cause by that, if it's powered from the display and not the ocntroller. If its powered by contrller, then to cause this the controller's LVPS itself would have to be damaged as well. IF the display's LVPS is damaged, it may be unable to output enough 5v for the throttle when the display is on, but be able to when it is not.

Back