Seeking sinewave regenerative braking controller

bowlofsalad

100 kW
Hello,

I've been reading oodles on this subject and I feel like most of the other puzzle pieces are in place. My plan is to lock the clutch on a Q100h and/or SWXH and use with regenerative braking. I couldn't care less about the clutch feature, personally.

I haven't narrowed down the controller yet. For a while I was thinking that the S06S was the way to go, but I was just told regenerative braking is impossible with that controller. I am thinking that what Lebowski is cooking could be a solid option, but perhaps there are other options more readily available.

I suppose if the answer is no such thing exists, I'd just go with a sinewave controller and forget the regenerative braking for now.

Have a look at adappto controllers, can definatly do what you ask. Small package, tons of features but high prices and a long wait time

Sabvoton controllers seem to be able to do variable regen now, Zombies has posted a whole thread about them as he is planing to stock them. On their main site they now list it as a feature. Huge package, lots of features with a sometimes glitchy android app but low price and standard chinese shipping.

Lebowskis controller is not a option unless you really really know what you are doing with circuits and or you are looking to a hugely powerful custom controller.

Bluefang said:
Have a look at adappto controllers, can definatly do what you ask. Small package, tons of features but high prices and a long wait time

Sabvoton controllers seem to be able to do variable regen now, Zombies has posted a whole thread about them as he is planing to stock them. On their main site they now list it as a feature. Huge package, lots of features with a sometimes glitchy android app but low price and standard chinese shipping.

Lebowskis controller is not a option unless you really really know what you are doing with circuits and or you are looking to a hugely powerful custom controller.

I was considering getting an adappto, but they seem impossible to purchase. If that changes, I might buy one.

Sabvoton sounds interesting, I love the idea of variable regenerative breaking passionately, like a sobbing and very recently dumped on prom night goer loves a gallon of chocolate ice cream.

Lebowski, sabvoton and adappto are all potentially wild overkill for what I have in mind, hehe.

Thanks a fourteen trillion for the cripplingly excellent response.

bowlofsalad said:
eBikeWannaBe said:
What about the Grinfineon Controller from ebikes.ca. No sinewave yet but they are supporting Proportional Regenerative Braking. http://www.ebikes.ca/news/May-stock-grinfineon/?SID=fe355eb128349cecc8b0cc4a5f5d3b25

I am not sure I fully understand or understood this concept when I looked into it. Anyway, what I am hoping to setup eventually is something that I can modulate manually by hand as far as the regenerative braking goes.
Full modulation by hand is what this will do. You pull the brake lever to engage regen. You then turn on the throttle to turn up the regen intensity. Or if you have your throttle mapped thru a CA3 the first portion of the throttle, which normally does nothing, will allow regen modulation.

eBikeWannaBe said:
bowlofsalad said:
eBikeWannaBe said:
What about the Grinfineon Controller from ebikes.ca. No sinewave yet but they are supporting Proportional Regenerative Braking. http://www.ebikes.ca/news/May-stock-grinfineon/?SID=fe355eb128349cecc8b0cc4a5f5d3b25

I am not sure I fully understand or understood this concept when I looked into it. Anyway, what I am hoping to setup eventually is something that I can modulate manually by hand as far as the regenerative braking goes.
Full modulation by hand is what this will do. You pull the brake lever to engage regen. You then turn on the throttle to turn up the regen intensity. Or if you have your throttle mapped thru a CA3 the first portion of the throttle, which normally does nothing, will allow regen modulation.

Doh! :oops: I seem to grasp the idea fully now, at least I can laugh at myself about it. That seems good, just need the sinewave version and we will be all set. Thanks. :mrgreen:

http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/3rd-party/infineon.html Taken from this page (under: Will you have a Sinusoidal Controllers?) "Yes, we are working with Accelerated Systems (ASI) of Toronto to bring an aftermarket field-oriented ebike controller into production that can run sensored and sensorless, among many other things. It will be a deluxe controller, and not very cheap."

Ya, I've been keeping my eyes open for an external sinewave controller with modulating regen in case the MP4 I just bought decides to head to an early grave. The warning that it will not be cheap does concern me. I do think Justin's gear is top notch though and (sometimes) you get what you pay for.

eBikeWannaBe said:
Ya, I've been keeping my eyes open for an external sinewave controller with modulating regen in case the MP4 I just bought decides to head to an early grave. The warning that it will not be cheap does concern me. I do think Justin's gear is top notch though and (sometimes) you get what you pay for.

Maybe it's going to be costly because they don't expect many to want them so smaller batches? Or maybe because they aren't being made at slave wages in asia? I don't know.

What is an MP4?

Maybe it's going to be costly because they don't expect many to want them so smaller batches? Or maybe because they aren't being made at slave wages in asia? I don't know.

What is an MP4?

Sorry, MP4 is Magic Pie 4 from Golden Motors.

Back