Show us your RC car, plane, helicopter, boat etc

Timma2500

1 kW
Hey all. It seems alot of us use LiPos for much smaller fun-mobiles than just ebikes... RC!

Show us what your into whether it be rc cars, boats, heli's etc. Throw up some pics and specs!

I'll get the ball rolling...

I've had these 4 cars in my garage for years : a 1/18th RC18t Factory Team(unbuilt), a much used and abused 1/18th Losi Mini-T Pro, an RC10T4 Factory Team and lastly a 1/8th Habao Hyper 8.5 i converted to brushless.

005.JPG

003.JPGThe Hyper uses a Castle Creations Mamba monster 2200kv ESC / motor combo (Neu 15 series), a 4s 30-40c Turnigy lipo and a Spektrum digital radio. Its an animal!

004.JPGThe T4 Factory Team uses an LRP 5.5t Sphere esc / motor, 2s Venom lipo and another Spektrum receiver. It got drowned in a rather large puddle last and now needs a new esc when $$ allows...

006.JPGThe Losi Mini T Pro uses a Tekin Mini Rage brushless esc / motor and 3s lipo. Its the most rediculously over powered fun machine i've ever owned. Feather the throttle up to about 50kph, nail it and it'll wheelie then flip on its arse, just nuts... too nuts to really control but thats half the fun!

I know alot of you guys are into RC, show us your creations! :)

Paul :D

I have many rc gliders a few Gentle Lady, X-Cel slope glider(200mph), Slow Stik and AR.Drone quadcopter.

Here's my Tamiya 1/10 scale Fast Attack Vehicle I bought in the 80's,(no kid has got their destructive hands on) still has original ni/cad batts, mmm lipo would give her a new lease of powerIMG142.jpeg

and a el cheapo US army heli chopter, can't remember scale, the type that you loose on a breazy day

Yes I think there's a few of us on here with rc addictions as well. I have a number of small helis, a few planes from tiny to 1.5m twin engine Catalina, nitro Traxxas tmax, Hobao hyper7 nitro, turnigy 1/16 buggy etc. I'll try to add a photo or two! I even still have my tamiya sand scorcher from '84! Long since retired tho.

I was was really into it for a while. Now ebikes have taken that spot. Still have a basement full of electric planes. Posted a few of them on RCgroups. Use to spend a lot of time reading those forums but end up here mostly. Same goes with CNC stuff, now it's used to support me ebike addiction. I was just getting into multi rotors and uav stuff too. Will go back to it when I find the time. There is a link to my RC blog in my sig.

I hear you, was hoping to get my thrust vectoring wild wing done last year running on a123's. Just never found the time. Kiteboarding and Windsurfing are my other passions. RC will have to wait till my physical abilities slow down.

Here are a few of mine

DSCF2563.jpg

DSC06283.jpg

DSC03370.jpg

DSCF6075.jpg

DSC05182.jpg

DSC04663.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

Hugues said:
kfong said:
I hear you, was hoping to get my thrust vectoring wild wing done last year running on a123's. Just never found the time. Kiteboarding and Windsurfing are my other passions. RC will have to wait till my physical abilities slow down.

wanted to get into snow kite this winter, just impossible to find the time.

It was the absolute worst winter for it in lower Mi. None of the lakes stayed frozen enough to be safe. I was hoping for some kiteboarding in the snow or some good ice so I could take out my ice board with windsufing sails. None of that happened, waiting on spring now to do stuff. I did get a couple of ebike trail rides recently, so I need to get all my bikes finished.

Kiteboarding is a blast, but be careful. Take a lesson. Things can go wrong really fast and the consequences can be quite serious. I finally started jumping last year, and it's all I want to do on a kite now. Still chasing that adrenalin high after all these years.

you guys reminded me i had rc cars also. i have a few:
f8794b91.jpg

i posted the blasphemy first. :wink: an hpi rs4 nitro.
8c28b437.jpg

this one is an old bolink 1/10 scale panracer(i think) i got from a friend. it was in pieces so there was some assembly required. now i need some lipos for it. :twisted:
b50c7ba3.jpg

this one is a work in progress. its a futaba duratrax. i had a mishap with this one and the motor blew, so its getting an e conversion. :mrgreen:

also, heres a vid of my rc in action today:

[youtube]exuuPJAljj4[/youtube]

im not so great at driving my rc. :lol:

I have about 10 or so aircraft (literally lost count, should probably count them one day) but here is my favorite.

Brushless beast, Align Trex 450 pro, with a custom flybarless setup using BeastX FBL unit and RJX rotor. 6 channels of collective pitch goodness. This thing will do vertical flight at 70mph and forward flight over 100mph, and yes it will fly upside down.

heli.jpg

My Parkzone Spitfire has seen some action in its time. Its maiden flight ended in tragedy. Since then its seen the air twice, such a shame. Some day ill master her.

photohp.jpg

By tonto67 at 2012-03-09

Nice Spitfire!

Here's a few of mine:

Little indoor flyer. Not that good- needs a gym or some large hall as it flies quite fast
dd2e1243.jpg

Nine Eagles Xtra 300. Good first plane. Crashed many times, broken many times but a few props and a tube of superglue is all you need!
15a5b008.jpg

Big Bertha. Catalina Flying plane- work in progress....
18755394.jpg

Hobao Hyper 7, ridiculously fast and fun. Considering converting to electric but I do love the nitro. Just a shame that there's too few places to use nitro these days.
9cdcdba0.jpg

Faithful old Traxxas T-maxx 2.5. This thing is awesome. Two speed fwd and reverse. Never fails, rarely breaks, always runs. Love it. More than ten years old and still the original motor!
808749eb.jpg

Hobbyking/Turnigy 1/16 buggy. Lots of fun but you need lotsa spares. Lucky they're supercheap! Goes with my son's 1/16 Monster Beatle
ee90d3b2.jpg

54d93dfb.jpg

Hobbyking HK190 helicopter. Awesome fun inside or out. Cheap too.
68588c12.jpg

Turnigy 9X TX which can run all of these toys. For less than $50 delivered, WTF???? Awesome.
bd4cdb0c.jpg

andynogo said:
Little indoor flyer. Not that good- needs a gym or some large hall as it flies quite fast
dd2e1243.jpg

ive been trying to find one of those but for the life of me i just cant. i want to get into planes and helis, and i thought it would be a good way to start. :)

Faithful old Traxxas T-maxx 2.5. This thing is awesome. Two speed fwd and reverse. Never fails, rarely breaks, always runs. Love it. More than ten years old and still the original motor!
808749eb.jpg
what kind of nitro are you using in the traxxas? ive never seen orange before. ive only seen blue. :?:

oh yeah, my brother just broke the motor on the hpi rs4, so i put my ebike motor on it to see what it would do :twisted: :
fe7ef1ba.jpg

Back