Stihl Li ion battery pack

I was looking for a local Stihl dealer a few minutes ago and came across this webpage for Stihl's new hedge trimmer accessories.

http://www.stihlusa.com/Li-Ion/accessories.html

At 36volts and 2.2 ah are these bosch fatpacks in a new package? I particularly like the battery belt pack. Anyone know anything about them?

Greenerwheels

This will be good to keep an eye on. If Stihl is trying to make a splash about their E-chainsaw, the batteries may be sold at a very low profit margin to help them establish a strong foothold in this emerging market.

Bosch 36V pack were half their current price just a short time ago, but once a large group of customers buy several Bosch tools, they are likely to stay with them, and will pay a little extra when they need a new pack...If these turn out to be LiMN, buy a ton of them if the price is right.

My next spinning-string weed-trimmer will be cordless electric. Its a big market, and I'm glad to see some trickle-down helping E-bikers (still a relatively small market in the USA per capita)

I did it backwards, first I bought a few fatpacks for my bike, liked them so much I went to a local Bosch distributor and put together a package with him for a 36 volt drill kit and 6 more batteries. The manager was so impressed with my fatback powered tidalforce s750 he gave me the whole thing for 70% off retail. He did however put a note on my account to not warranty any battery purchases from me, didn't matter anyway since I install power pole pigtails on my packs. Now I'm hoping bosch eventually sells their 36v chainsaw in the us.

Greenerwheels

greenerwheels said:
The manager was so impressed with my fatback powered tidalforce s750 he gave me the whole thing for 70% off retail.
Greenerwheels

So what was the final price for your batteries in $/wh?

Back