Super monster T Downhill Dual cyclone Cnc Watercool motors

aCeMadMod

1 kW
Hi to all of you, I'm new here. I've got a question concerning ebikes. I'm new on this and I need some help from you. It would be really helpfull if you could tell me what I need before I buy new gear.

Here is the bike that I will use

DSCN0121.jpg

Here is what I got in gear so far:
2 x 1200 watt cyclone motors, custom gearbox that has both motors join into 1 block with watercooling made into it.
I try to make new motor houseing that join the watercool inside it as well. That will cost a lot of money use Cnc time .
I need to make custom cranks. My bikes never have off century spacing cranks.
It make it feel great. I use the cranks on this bike. They are super strong Isis cranks . The gearing I still need to Buy a dual freewheel 13 or 14 teeth for one of the motors. I looked for a 13 teeth dual freewheel. Is there a better one out there to replace the stock one concerning the quality? is they any shops that have instock

The next part are the controllers. This is the hardest part as i like my bike nice and clean. I would pick 2 very small controllers. If you know any other that are very small controllers plz tell me. I'm looking to overclock my motors. this the hard part to pick controllers
I found the Lyen 6 FET 4110 Mini Monster controller. It can do 72 volt. It seems to be great but it have low amps, with nice software.
But the KBS48121L,50A,24-48V, Mini Brushless can do continuous: 50A is this for all volts from 24v to 60 volts . How many watt can it put out ? I am new on ebikes, so I have to ask these questions.
And now how good is the software to use? Do I need to pay for High Speed Motor Option? With cyclone 1200watt motor to make it work with the KBS48121L,50A,24-48V, Mini Brushless?

Lyen 6 FET 4110 Mini Monster (sensored) controller is around 1750 watts each /48v=36.49A, 1750/60v=29A, 1750W/72v=24.3A.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18744&p=273259&hilit=+Lyen+FET+4110+Mini+Monster#p273259

http://kellycontroller.com/kbs48121l50a24-48v-mini-brushless-dc-controller-p-1172.html
KBS48121L,50A,24-48V, Mini Brushless DC Controller Motor Current Limit, continuous: 50A

I will watercool both Controllers. This means I can get more watts from them? I like to run the motors as high as possible so I am not ruling out to rewire them both to take more watts.
right now I can buy secondhand two x Kelly controller KEB48401X 24 - 48V once agian max volt is 60 volt from this controller 4000 watt? It's a lot bigger then I'm hopeing to use. It would be the same price as \kbs48121l50a24-48v-minicontroller

http://kellycontroller.com/keb48401x24v-48v280a4kw-bike-brushless-controller-regen-p-271.html
Can my motors Take this of Watts with stock wireing with my watercool . or do I have to rewire then? What size wire would I need to rewire them? I've never done this before. I am good with my hand and I have the time to do this work right. i try to the wight down, want to use a backpack with 10 amps to 15 amps Lipo Pack with Turnigy nano-tech batteries , have not yet got some and need buy some i am haveing i hard picking what to use ? the Turnigy nano-tech 8000mAh 6S 25~50C Lipo Pack look good for price , but has a lot rateing lower , vs the Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 10S 65~130C Lipo Pack cost alot more and has highter rate ,
if cheaper Lipo Pack will this lower my maxs watt output to the motors? useing the the same volts

update not longer get two x Kelly controller KEB48401X 24 - 48V i rethink my plan it could get a other
48v 2000 watt Huatong controller any my cnc watercooled gearbox has been stoped For can "t find any big blocks cnc grade allloy i need 25 cm x 12cm x 8 cm in Au , after waiting 4 months it driving me nuts any one have some to sell ? i now make the motor houseing water cooled i work a deal with cnc shop ,

i Try to find more info about a shunt Mod for this controller , huatong 48 v 2000 watt i just got a other from ebay hopeful in 2 weeks it be here, )

this is the bare bike without any motors or battery sorry for slow reply

in next day i test run the bike with out water cooling has i will have to make new motorhouse my self by casting it, i had to first make a furnace to melt metal , What fun, i burn my hands a few time, before get any any metal melting so far, i sill need to make the lid furnace , but the really looks good in heat 1 min i get 300 c from a cold start, only need 1050c to metal ,

other update yes work is geting done not the way i like it to be outwith any real tools it very hard to make parts, But i am Very happy to have 2 working motors and controllers , huatong . i upgrade all the powerlines to kill the mosfet Very ez i have not shunt mod it yet i don't own any tools to tell me what the stock amps are this hard part for me is to not Try to shunt it Right now ,,, , it shame i only have sla bettery to use 9 ah max power give me about 12km to 15 km with full change , i so poor, right now i can't think about any other parts for my bikes, right now, unless there Very cheap or free i can make some thing out of, for my bikes,

100_0191.jpg

100_0184.jpg

new upgrade my brakes,, i have hope moto 6, i don't think there can stop my with the new wight so the bigers brakes i could find Gator brake 8 pot brakes

. the hard part how to use dual brakes on the super monsters t ,

update the bike is was work for only less then 8 hours, in the first few mins i Ever seen this before i crack a link part in the kmc bmx chian on the motors ,, wow all i can say not any harm came from it, when to zzz for a bit when for a ride to find my hall wire had crack apart, not great i only had 1 motor, and that was comeing out from not doing up the alley key right, i got to town, got a few bolts and srews to fix then i thin i was going to a hill test,after have from food, i use a half the power,for less then 1 sec, i crack part my other chian, Wow ,,, agian this was a new kmc 8 speed chain, i very lucky both time i walk to use tools to fix, i now time to stress the motors back home, WRong,, i Crack apart the white ind freewheel, This time it was 1,5km walk Not fun, in the sun with 11 kg backpack, i now try some some the acs freewheel i hopeing it hold up alot better,

Thank you all

You really have a interesting build going on, but really why use the Cyclone motors? With the controllers the Lyen 12fets stock will be able to handle your power requirements and are cheaper then the Kelly options, the 6fet should be able to handle more power then you would expect stock but your pushing it abit. With water cooling the 6fet will handle it easily, i would be more worried about the motors dieing.

you have a very nice ad clean bike .
do you have the two motors in the rear hub ?
can't see much from the picture .
what about the batteries , in the back pack or in the frame ?

Renago

With the Cyclones, I've been running them on 44 volts 10s packs. They seem to be fine with that voltage. Pics of your motor and cooling covers would be interesting to see. I plan to build a mid drive setup with my Versus using a BMC motor. Nice Monster T's

Can you make the lower motor spin backwards then go up and over with the chain? More links to transfer energy through sprocket teeth.

100_0184.jpg

Kickass!

Yep - wrap the chain the other way around the low one and run it in reverse (you need the appropriate freewheel) and you will have much better chain wrap.

Have the motors closer together to improve it furthur on both freewheels.

The 6 FET models can be pushed very hard with the right FETS, if you are only running 48V then you can get lower RDS fets than the higher voltage models people use - 12S lipo gives you 52V hot, a 60V FET like a fairchild FDP025N06 (60V, 120A, 0.0019 Ohm RDS) would be ideal. Wouldn't get real hot either, and would do it standing on its head :) Throw some decent low ESR caps in as well, and you would be set - much smaller (you could almost fit the PCB's from the two 6 FET controllers in the 12 FET controller case :)

i do think so you are right, the chain can be done 1st motor anti clock wise, and follow by a clock wise direction. do take note how this guy will run his chain direction.

kent

This ebike die. From rear end can't take the power.
I race moto on down track and beat them
after full Ti upgrades would use it again

It feel great

Gti frame next to use super monsters t fork

It sould good well

You can fit a 3" rear tire to my shock

This means it 29" With 26" rims downhill bike rollers fast
Hard to stop

With best brakes ever made. I own them all now after tested

Thank you :thumb:

Back