Sur-Ron Lightbee 0% charge battery problem

tribbledess

1 µW
Hey guys,

I'm another proud owner of a Sur-Ron Lightbee and all was perfectly fine for the first 1800 miles. For a couple of days I'm getting a 0% capacity reading at the battery builtin display and on the main display at the same time while the main display still showing a decent 67.5Volt.
When it happens I'm stuck at the EP mode with the slow drive speed of 25km/h (15.5mph). It stays in that mode until I reconnect the charger and I have to pursue a jump start reconnecting the main power plug 2-3 times.
After charging it for a couple of hours it's back at the regular speed and the capacity reading is back to normal starting at 100% going down just regular but after 5-6 miles it gets me back into the bad state, showing 0% capactiy on the battery builtin display and the main display and enforcing the slow speed.

Can anyone help me out of this please - Thanks

Probably a cell group is out of balance,could be the battery or the Bms is at fault but it would be hard to fix because you need to charge the low cells to the same level before the Bms can regulate all cell groups to the same level.The Bms probably only puts out less 100ma per bank so when a cell group is down the higher cells turn off the charge.

Back