surron bicycle with qs205 middrive

Does anyone know where to get just the frame for the Sur Ron? Ive been looking all over and emailed every website that sells them

been trying to get one from an aussie supplier who said they were happy too, but after several emails back and forth I sent them a complete list of components, down to specific bolts and bearings etc (at their request, I initially just asked for a complete frame + rear disk, brake carrier, hub and axle) they stopped replying. AFAIK they (manufacturer) dont supply frames, only complete bikes, so any such requests for frames etc involve the pulling apart of complete bikes to part out and sell.

pity to hear, i had also a spare parts list from them.
If you want i will look for the chinese salesman from alibaba, but he tried to ripp me off .

bionicon said:
If you want i will look for the chinese salesman from alibaba, but he tried to ripp me off .

nah, thanks but im either going to get a qulbix or a Ubco when they come out.

I am also planning on making a bike with a direct drive hub motor as a mid-drive. Mainly to keep the noise level low while still having high power. At what RPM do you think the sound of the motor becomes audible over the sound of tires and wind noise? From a bystanders perspective I mean (I don't want people staring).

ebikeman123 said:
I am also planning on making a bike with a direct drive hub motor as a mid-drive. Mainly to keep the noise level low while still having high power. At what RPM do you think the sound of the motor becomes audible over the sound of tires and wind noise? From a bystanders perspective I mean (I don't want people staring).

Depends on the size of the tire and the tread of the tire and to a certain degree the controller if its sine wave or not.
Direct drive hub motor as a mid drive would be ideal, compared to loud RC motors. Hub motors are big so you'd have to do a custom frame built around the dd hub mount. Then you'd have to look into the freewheel of the crank as you dont want the pedals to be fixed to the speed. People have done dd hub as mid drive, do a search on ES forum.
bionicon said:

No way, such a pity. You sure it was a genuine product?

Back