• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

The Cyclone Thread. cyclone users report here!!

hear so many bad things about cyclone and running them through the gears. Mine is still as strong as ever glad i mounted it this way..
1271912453.jpg

1271867411.jpg

1271877111.jpg

geekybiker said:
About 4 months in my cassette is toast. Time to finally install my IGH. I have a SA 3spd 75/1/133 gears. Anyone know a good source for a 14t sprocket that will fit the thinner chain. I'd rather not have to replace my chain as well.

Hi geekybiker,

the SA hub has the same 3 lug fitment as Shimano and Sachs internal gear hubs as far as I understand. I have a 13t sprocket in 3/32" (thin chain) fitted to my Nexus 8 speed hub....it came from a Brompton folding bike. They are readily available in a variety of tooth sizes and both 1/8" and 3/32" here in the UK.....not sure where you are based. Whilst I was searching there were several UK ebay sellers also had them and cheap :wink:

here is the link to where I got my 13t

http://www.simpsoncycles.co.uk/section.php?xSec=537&jssCart=56cd8603ca9751b7318ebbb94a334004

hope this helps,

Ian :D

Anyone changed out the freewheel sprocket on the motor itself? I'm mainly interested in this since I have 20" wheels and the motor speed is of course geared more for a 26" wheel. Around a 19t would give the same ground speed as a 26" on my 20"

nope not yet, but i am looking to change the chainwheel sprocket.
other then that my ping arrived today. been charging for 5 hours now and i have 7 red lights so far. but man the size of those power cables ( yeh cables, they are too small to be called wire lol ) any suggestions for connectors that will take the massive wire on 1 side to the medium size on the other

Swapping out the freewheel is pretty straight forward. Remove set screw and slide freewheel and adapter off of the motor. Careful you don't misplace the key, the set screw does not have to come all the way out. Clamp the freewheel adapter on the shoulder, face down in a vise and unscrew the freewheel using the proper freewheel socket. Reverse procedure to reassemble. Sounds easy enough but my freewheel did not want to unscrew, so I heated the freewheel with a little butane torch and that did the trick.

Hi Guys
Unless you want to spend loads of dosh on controllers then by all means mod your sprokets ect,Yes I am in a right mood , to me Cyclone are rubbish,
I got conned on my kit but hey ho life goes on I got sold a 1200 kit and payed for a 1500 kit},after not many miles my controller blows ,So in touch with cyclone and after I parted with more hard earned cash He sent me a new controller,so I had a 1500 controller matched to a 1200 motor,,Well cool thought I This should last for ever, So I opened the controller case and put just a smear of silcone to water proof it all was well untill I up rated my batterys from sla to a posh set of Pings,48v @20amp[
The set of new Pings have just started to balance out ,with the bms flashing like a christmas tree,Unpluged the charger,I got 2 miles down the road and yup the controller has blown,Throttle light is on but no power just the same as last time and this time I will not be buying a Cyclone controler,
Here are some pics of the 1200 controller Would there be a better controller to fit the motor Or should I just chuck the heap of junk in the bin,its not even worthy of a ebay sale cos I have standards ?
Hummm Conhis motors look like a great deal

Attachments

• Htc 056.jpg
    Htc 056.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,196
  • Htc 059.jpg
    Htc 059.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,196
problem** solved !!..
if there is any controller problem.. = just changed the controller to a other type of controller, Hua tong !! 48v 2000watts, it has the same performance, i think this work better for me, reason. i don't see much heat appear during my full throttle run .

kentlim

Back