The Time Machine Conman

Joseph C.

100 kW
'If you tell a lie that's big enough, and you tell it often enough, people will believe you are telling the truth, even when what you are saying is total crap.If you tell a lie that's big enough, and you tell it often enough, people will believe you are telling the truth, even when what you are saying is total crap.' - Richard Belzer.

Is this lie just too big?

Iranian scientist claims to have invented 'time machine'
An Iranian businessman claims to have mastered time with a machine that allows users to fast forward up to eight years into the future.

By Ahmed Vahdat8:27PM BST 10 Apr 2013820 Comments
Ali Razeghi, a Tehran scientist has registered "The Aryayek Time Traveling Machine" with the state-run Centre for Strategic Inventions.
The device can predict the future in a print out after taking readings from the touch of a user, he told the Fars state newsagency.
Razaeghi, 27, said the device worked by a set of complex algorithims to "predict five to eight years of the future life of any individual, with 98 percent accuracy".
As the managing director of Iran's Centre for Strategic Inventions, Razeghi is a serial inventor with 179 other inventions listed under his own name. "I have been working on this project for the last 10 years," he said.
"My invention easily fits into the size of a personal computer case and can predict details of the next 5-8 years of the life of its users. It will not take you into the future, it will bring the future to you."

Razeghi says Iran's government can predict the possibility of a military confrontation with a foreign country, and forecast the fluctuation in the value of foreign currencies and oil prices by using his new invention.
"Naturally a government that can see five years into the future would be able to prepare itself for challenges that might destabilise it," he said. "As such we expect to market this invention among states as well as individuals once we reach a mass production stage."
Razeghi said his latest project has been criticised by friends and relatives for "trying to play God" with ordinary lives and history. "This project is not against our religious values at all. The Americans are trying to make this invention by spending millions of dollars on it where I have already achieved it by a fraction of the cost," he said. "The reason that we are not launching our prototype at this stage is that the Chinese will steal the idea and produce it in millions overnight."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9985757/Iranian-scientist-claims-to-have-invented-time-machine.html

I suppose eventually if you have a computer network powerful enough and can feed it enough energy (feed it a star or two) you too could have such a device.

That's strange. I have a time machine too, and mine says that his doesn't work.

The true test of a time machine? He doesn't need investors because he went back in time (or just to the near future) to use winning lottery numbers to win millions of dollars. If he can travel throuigh time and gain millions of dollars, he can invest his millions in a few simple stock trades each week to become a billionaire.

With a system that actually works like that, who would advertise it?

I didn't believe in re-incarnation in my previous life, and I don't believe in it now...

Now this is pretty damn funny. The amount of crap coming out of Iran is simply amazing!
If you could only go 8 years in the future, then your future self could go another 8 years in the future, in the future, and that future future self could go 8 years into their future, ect, ect, ect. So you could pass back information from hundreds, even thousands of years. even 100 years more advanced tecnology would change the balance of power in the world.

the inventor of the machine would be powerfull beyond measure.

If such a thing exsisted. transport someone 8 years into the future, and they would be in vaccume. The earth is flying around the sun, the sun is speeding through the galaxy, the galaxy is hurdling across the universe, all at incredible speeds. So jump even an hour into the future, and the earth won't be there to land on.

Drunkskunk said:
If such a thing exsisted. transport someone 8 years into the future, and they would be in vaccume. The earth is flying around the sun, the sun is speeding through the galaxy, the galaxy is hurdling across the universe, all at incredible speeds. So jump even an hour into the future, and the earth won't be there to land on.

Darn, can't remember the term, but it's for the concept that says 'Not true.'

Now the theory is not about time travel, teletransporting, etc., but it relates unavoidably. I mention that because the experts don't like the way people insist on bringing those up. But the idea is that merely traveling will not physically distory you, neither would the transporter on the starship Enterprise. Matter wants to remain what it is and where it is.

I'd have to actually get the material on the subject in front of me to discuss it, I've barely read on it at all. But matter tries to stay together, objects in motion tend to remain in motion, etc., all come into play. So the time machine is bound to place you not in the unrelated space where the Earth was travelling through as it was activated, but in the related space, etc.

Oops, have they ever PROVED that? No, just as they've never proved a whole slew of theories. We're just stuck going along with them. Like the black swan, you lived your life not expecting one to exist, suddenly you learn there HAS BEEN BLACK SWANS all along: How does this change things?

Always wonder though: he goes back and buys say that $651 million dollar prize out of existence, taking the number from the drawing before the other three tickets shared it. Is there any appreciable impact on reality as he knows it? But it can't be him, now, buying that number, it has to be him, THEN. What indeed is the impact of him appearing to himself back then? Does it affect his ability to work on his machine? Perhaps he takes it for granted he'll finish the machine and stops working on it, thereby not finishing in time to go back in time and get that ticket for himself in the past, undoing the lottery win and putting things back as they were before.

Safer just to go find investors.

You are right! I forgot about the fourth dimension, time, as it pertains to the first three...

iAtC2afkODS6U.gif

Dauntless said:
Oops, have they ever PROVED that? No, just as they've never proved a whole slew of theories. We're just stuck going along with them. Like the black swan, you lived your life not expecting one to exist, suddenly you learn there HAS BEEN BLACK SWANS all along: How does this change things?

There are WHITE swans?! :mrgreen:

Sounds like a load of horse puckey, inventor is most likely a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

That's really funny. The time machine goes only forward. Nothing new about that one. I was using one regularly in the 80's.

It consisted of the following.

Regan was president.
All jobs paid minimum wage, even with my degree.
I had a grow closet full of good weed.

Next thing I knew, it was the 90's. :lol: Thank god I had that time machine to make the 80's go away.

dogman said:
That's really funny. The time machine goes only forward. Nothing new about that one. I was using one regularly in the 80's.

It consisted of the following.

Regan was president.
All jobs paid minimum wage, even with my degree.
I had a grow closet full of good weed.

Next thing I knew, it was the 90's. :lol: Thank god I had that time machine to make the 80's go away.

Then why have the 80'w come back with Obama as president? Good God man, you've solved the conundrum that proves they DO have a time machine in Iran. It is THEY that are doing this to us.

"Time" as a concept is nothing more than an artifact of human perception limitations.

There is no "time" and never has been. It's a fictitious human construct.

Seriously.

Back