Torque Arms Installation On Front Wheel Motor

BatteryMan

10 mW
I'm installing a motor on the front wheel of my bike and I can't figure out if the torque arms should be installed in front of the fork or behind the fork on the front wheel. The more I read about it, the more confused I get because people say both ways is correct.

Which way is really the correct way?

In front of the fork or behind the fork?

The axle twists in the opposite direction as the wheel. So if you're using a multi piece TA, best put it behind the fork leg so it gets pulled straight instead of folded. That said, I think multi piece TAs are dumb and ineffective compared to single piece TAs.

Here's one example of how I tackled the problem:

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

I'm going to use two of these torque arms behind the fork. I was reading these are way better than the other ones (the silver cheap looking ones) that the original manufacturer stopped making them but the Chinese continue to sell.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-29 065852.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-29 065852.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 5
I was reading these are way better than the other ones (the silver cheap looking ones) that the original manufacturer stopped making them but the Chinese continue to sell.
Possibly. The color of the material doesn't matter. The most important part of the equation is that the section that slides onto the axle must fit the axle tightly. NO SLOP at all. Otherwise the axle can start to rock back and forth, eating away a bit more and more each time until it can spin completely.

Back