Trampa EMTB Dual Motor "No-Wind"

furp said:
Man that Trampa Board looks nice.. Looks way lighter than my heavy Vault one. Not to mention the great motor mounts.
Thx man , the Trampa Boards are really tough and badass looking!

BShady said:
Why level deck stiffness do you have? And do you feel any wobble at high speeds?
It must be a 14Ply maybe 15ply... but its shaped by myself in Anarkite/HolyPro Style to get more flex.

benj said:
Hey nowind, nice video. From the youtube description it seemed to hint you might be thinking about selling this as a kit? Is that a possibility?

Also - do you snowboard? If so, how does this ride feel compared to that?

Thx man, Yes you are right. Thinking of selling the parts as a Kit. Sprokets milled and bored, machined Motormount etc. ReadyToRun (-;
I´m not in snowboarding but in kitesurfing and it feels like surfing on da streets. I imagine it must be like snowboarding.

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
+1 benj :wink:
Would you please also tell us some electrical consumption numbers on flat at a given average speed ?
We aren't many to sustain 35+ kph average speed, so if you could have a try in this range, that would be great :twisted: :twisted:

(it's to feed our "battery range" topic :wink: )

Hey man, i will do that soon. I need a new Cellphone with GPS Tracker.
Get mine shred the last days. Oh man if you need to get something damaged give it to me :evil:
Will track some rides soon.

Nice to hear you are considering making a kit! There are not that many options for MTBs around yet but the cold and dirty road season is coming and what could be a better time for getting a MTB?

Please consider making a round axle version as well or even make a round axle version only and people can diy modify the hole to fit D shapes if needed (hacksaw or simple file will do the trick) so even more of us could use that kit. Or maybe offer an insert that 'fills' the corners of the D shape to make it fit round axles? Have you thought about using carbon fibre plates instead of aluminum rods to link the motor mounts (top mounted instead of 'between')? Could be more lightweight, eddy current safe (even tho that might not be needed) and badass looking of course. Maybe even make it possible to completely encase the motors for debris protection (I have noticed quite a lot of dirt and mud that gathered on my motor protection and would have ended up in the motors otherwise, heat does not seem to be an issue)? I'd be happy to share some ideas with you!

Hey furp,
nice to share some ideas.
Like the "Top Mounted" Brace Idea. I thought about carbon fibre, but never about "Top-Mounted".
One Point is that the boring of the threads on the circumstance of the motormount needs more time, because its not in the axis of the machine.
You need to do seperate positions of the workpiece with different angles. I will tought about it.

Yes the other point is the different types of truck styles "round, d-shaped, square etc.
I try to get some trucks of my Kiteboarding friends, but most of them are using the Trampa Trucks.
Some are hard to get measured like the MBS Trucks, some are easy like the "FLAME" roundet ones.

I need some of the typical trucks to get measured.
So guys what are u using? Can u measure some of your trucks for me?

Greetz

Hm yeah, I thought it would be on the same axle as the hole for the clamping bolt.

Here are some measurements I can offer:
Paris 195 trucks: round axle 19mm diameter (smaller axles are 18mm I think)
Vault spring mtb trucks: round axle 20mm diameter (colored)

Would be great to have a universal clamping mount with ways to fit them any side on many axles.

Got mounted my new Wheels.
Trampa Superstar Hub with lightened Sprockets, these fit also on the Hypa Hub with different spacers.
Have a look, made some Mootormounts too.

IMG_20141128_145010_041.jpg

IMG_20141128_142444_660.jpg

IMG_20141128_144932_856.jpg

IMG_20141128_145342_551.jpg

torqueboards said:
Awesome work. That looks great! Waterjet I assume..

Those don't fit the MBS wheels, right?

Thanks Torqueboards,

Its machined with a CNC, waterjet would be possible without the countersunks.

No i dont think that the MBS Wheels fit, do you know the pitch circle of these MBS ?

Hey,

some miles done on the Trampa since my last Post...

Oh man it works like a machine, so much Fun it makes.

Started as Rookie last week by the German Offroad Electric Skate Mastership, and i make the first Place 8)

Got many people/friends infected with this Virus now, and i will go on (-;

Just made small changes to the Board, like Topmounted Braces to reduce EddyCurrents and more lightweighted Sprockets....

Keep on Drifting

Attachments

• 20150304_062941-w750-h750.jpg
    20150304_062941-w750-h750.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3,546
  • 20150315_201347-w750-h750.jpg
    20150315_201347-w750-h750.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 3,546
  • 20150315_201549-w750-h750.jpg
    20150315_201549-w750-h750.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 3,546
looks really great! any problems with the chain? the first 3.5ccm combustion engine RC cars had a chain drive - it was horrible cause the chain kept lengthing all the time. a belt drive might be less maintenance and most of all less sensitive to water and dirt. also i can imagine that a belt makes a lot less noise in comparison to a chain!

Beautiful! I got my eye on that motor mount--solid--great work!

Got a new video from yesterday... Dirttrack and Skatepark.... EMTB and Street Carver.... Hang Loose

[youtube]ujSRjCfvPMY[/youtube]

Cooool!

When you jump 180, simple switch off the throttle? (drive train runs backwards, no problem?)

vlaca2 said:
Cooool!

When you jump 180, simple switch off the throttle? (drive train runs backwards, no problem?)

Yes just dont hit the throttle if you rolling backwards, breaking is ok!

nowind said:
vlaca2 said:
Cooool!

Yes just dont hit the throttle if you rolling backwards, breaking is ok!

Thanks!

Sweet build.
I have a E-Glide GI Carve board that I lowered deck and pulled springs from front truck to increase turning and it carves really well, but goes through tires really fast.... Now to my point.
Get the Cheng Shin 8X3.00 -4 with with mbs trispoke hubs and 9" tubes for street carving. They are a dream come true and will last much longer than anything else on the pavement. My mbs drive slick only lasted one session. The Kenda's last about 4-5 sessions and don't grip nearly as well as the Cheng Shins.

Check out BgSurf on surfingdirt.com, he has all the info needed on street boarding.

And yes I want to buy your kit when they are available.

B

Hi No-Wind!

What is your ESC strart mode(punch) settings?
I leaved to default level5, maybe greather level better for standing stratup? (I'm on 1 motor, maybe 2 necessary?)

Thanks!

vlaca2 said:
Hi No-Wind!

I leaved to default level5, maybe greather level better for standing stratup? (I'm on 1 motor, maybe 2 necessary?)

Thanks!

Hi,

set the punch and the timing to max setting!
And yes 2 Motors are really better!
Best Regards
Jens

nowind said:
vlaca2 said:
Hi No-Wind!

Thanks!

Hi,

set the punch and the timing to max setting!
And yes 2 Motors are really better!
Best Regards
Jens

Oks, thanks!

BShady said:
Are your liking to sell some mounts? If yes how much?
Yes i´m selling these Parts in Germany sometimes, send me a PM.

Got some new Video Stuff :
[youtube]VUVyBmNJCkQ[/youtube]

Worked also on a new Projekt with a 4WD Mountainboard, will do a new Thread soon.

Have Fun and hang loose....

NoWind

Back