Trouble connecting Kelly controller to pc

Gasmanrus

1 mW
Hi all
I have a Kelly KLS7218S controller with 72v battery pack & MXUS 3k hub motor.
I am using the supplied usb/rs232 cable between the controller & laptop but I keep getting the error ‘no power to controller or usb has been unplugged’

I have power connected to the main + & - wires, phase, throttle & hall wires are connected & power to the pink pin 7 power wire.

The red led is flashing a 3,4 sequence (angle sensor error) but as I haven’t configured it I guess that’s to be expected. If I rotate the wheels slowly the red led stops flashing & I get a solid green.

Any advice on how I can get the controller to communicate with the laptop would be gratefully appreciated!

Ok, I saw on a search for a similar problem a user was experiencing that the voltage was only 10 volts on the black 4 way connector that goes to the rs232 connector & he added 12 volts (externally I guess) which prompted the laptop to recognize the rs232/ usb.
I’ve done this but am still getting the ‘controller no power or RS232 cable disconnect’ box appearing on the laptop.

So I’ve given up trying to connect to the laptop & ordered the Bluetooth dongle. Hopefully I’ll have more luck with this.

So I’ve given up trying to connect to the laptop & ordered the Bluetooth dongle. Hopefully I’ll have more luck with this.

MadRhino said:
Could be in the software driver. Assign com port.

Thanks, I tried all sorts including dragging 2 pc towers out the loft as they had serial ports but both computers had been up there so long neither would boot up.
In the end I ordered the Bluetooth dongle and calibrated the controller via the app.
Happy with the power etc, I’ll have a play with the settings tomorrow

Back