TSDZ2 - what torque settings should the bolts be?

d-s-m

1 µW
So I'm currently trying to get the TSDZ2 motor fitted to my bike, and in the digital version of the manual it says to tighten the fixing block to 10Nm, but the paper manual that came with the motor says to tighten it to 40Nm? Which is right?

And what Nm of torque to tighten the bridge plate bolt, and the two bracket bolts?

Also, how to achieve 40Nm of torque on the locking ring? As there's no way of telling with the supplied spanner, and I couldn't find a socket to use with a torque wrench for it anywhere?

ignore torq settings just tighten till it stops turning :mrgreen: no but joking aside you should be able to feel when it's right torque for the nut or bolt just stop when feel tiny bit of flex /stretch in bolt, long has hardware new and being careful is easy avoid stripping threads, this is how they expect you do the 40nm on the lockring
10nm is bare minimum I would do hex but not far of , whenever I install new stuff I never go to crazy on first tighten as I will be checking torque again after covered few miles,
try and nip them up just a smidge like 8th of turn, if no budge when you lean on em then you know you got it right first timeround, I used this method decades never had a bolt come loose only bolt ever snapped was old :thumb:

Back