Tsdz2b with vlcd13 display problem!

Tom0002

1 µW
Hello, I got a new tsdz2b last week from pswpower. It's to replace my old tsdz2 I have been riding for a few years. After installing and testriding it for two days I noticed he did not indicate my speed but he did give me power but now suddenly the motor stopped giving assistance. I can power up the display, battery at 100%, the lights work but no power to the chain ring. When I turn the wheel, the lights blink every time the magnet passes the speed sensor. Strange behavior. When I hold the minus button for the walk assist function the motor starts and stops after one second. It should be the 48V, 500W version. No throttle or brake sensors installed. That's what I ordered. My battery is a 48V one. Any ideas to what the problem might be? I checked all the cables and they seem fine.

Thanks, Tom from Belgium.

Hello, I got a new tsdz2b last week from pswpower. It's to replace my old tsdz2 I have been riding for a few years. After installing and testriding it for two days I noticed he did not indicate my speed but he did give me power but now suddenly the motor stopped giving assistance. I can power up the display, battery at 100%, the lights work but no power to the chain ring. When I turn the wheel, the lights blink every time the magnet passes the speed sensor. Strange behavior. When I hold the minus button for the walk assist function the motor starts and stops after one second. It should be the 48V, 500W version. No throttle or brake sensors installed. That's what I ordered. My battery is a 48V one. Any ideas to what the problem might be? I checked all the cables and they seem fine.

Thanks, Tom from Belgium.
Symptoms would say a problem with the speed sensor is the most likely cause. Presumably you have an old (or new) speed sensor and magnet spare, have you tried swapping them out?

Do you have the lights running directly from the 6v lighting feed rather than using that to switch a higher current supply? If so, try disconnecting the lights too. The supply is only 5-6w iirc and maybe your lights are drawing too much current...

Symptoms would say a problem with the speed sensor is the most likely cause. Presumably you have an old (or new) speed sensor and magnet spare, have you tried swapping them out?

Do you have the lights running directly from the 6v lighting feed rather than using that to switch a higher current supply? If so, try disconnecting the lights too. The supply is only 5-6w iirc and maybe your lights are drawing too much current...
Thank you for your reply. I have tried the new speed semsor but strangely enough then it's even worse. I tried it yesterday and with the new speedsensor the display says my battery is at 0% and lights don't work at all. With the old one battery reads as 100% and lights work but blink. I measured the battery and it's at 54V now, so fully loaded.
I was thinking that maybe they send me a 36V version instead of the 48V one? Could that be a possibility?

Ok good to know that you tested the other speed sensor - but that's really strange behaviour! When you say you've checked the cables - if you haven't already make sure you check that all the wires themselves are ok, don't only check the points of connection. Crushed wires can cause shorts.

If everything checks out ok with the cables and lights disconnected and the problem persists then it's possible you have a faulty controller. Why did you replace the original tsdz2? You might have a good spare controller in your old tsdz2...

Ok good to know that you tested the other speed sensor - but that's really strange behaviour! When you say you've checked the cables - if you haven't already make sure you check that all the wires themselves are ok, don't only check the points of connection. Crushed wires can cause shorts.

If everything checks out ok with the cables and lights disconnected and the problem persists then it's possible you have a faulty controller. Why did you replace the original tsdz2? You might have a good spare controller in your old tsdz2...
I also put my problem down with pswpower and they are sending me a new controller, free of charge. Hope that solves it.

Back