Tuning a Kelly KLS 45H

Renouvelle

10 µW
Hello! first post - long time lurker.

I’m running a KLS 45H from kelly controller with a QS 272 6000w Wheel motor and I’m having issues with smoothness or lack thereof. No matter what parameters I use it has an aggressive deceleration/jerking when letting off the throttle. If I slowly depress the pedal it does alleviate some of the harshness. I’ve sought guidance from Kelly controller’s engineers to no avail.
I have tried combinations of controllers, throttles (all 5v), and motors (272 and 205), yielding the same results. So i’m left with the issue isolated to programming.
I can get screenshots of the PID parameters etc when I’m back at my workshop later today. Hopefully someone here can shed some light.

For backstory I used Lyen controllers with great success on the exact same setup, smooth as butter, problem is that guy wont return sales emails.

Thank you in advance for any and all constructive feedback!

Renouvelle said:
Hello! first post - long time lurker.

I’m running a KLS 45H from kelly controller with a QS 272 6000w Wheel motor and I’m having issues with smoothness or lack thereof. No matter what parameters I use it has an aggressive deceleration/jerking when letting off the throttle. If I slowly depress the pedal it does alleviate some of the harshness.

What is your regen mode set to? It sound like it may be set to the release throttle regen mode.

What is your regen mode set to? It sound like it may be set to the[i said:
release throttle [/i]regen mode.

Regen is off. I tried it with re-gen on and used a gain switch as well as throttle lift to see how it behaves. Was completely different, worked like re gen should.
The problem is when re-gen is not on and you let off the throttle to coast, its borderline violent how abruptly it stops the motor.

Renouvelle said:
What is your regen mode set to? It sound like it may be set to the[i said:
release throttle [/i]regen mode.

Regen is off. I tried it with re-gen on and used a gain switch as well as throttle lift to see how it behaves. Was completely different, worked like re gen should.
The problem is when re-gen is not on and you let off the throttle to coast, its borderline violent how abruptly it stops the motor.

Do you mean regen is off via the toggle buttons in the settings, or that the slider for release throttle regen mode is slid over to disabled and the max regen current slider is also set to 0?

Back