Ultra power dense charger project.

maybe the answer is that simple: Duty varies over the 50Hz sine, as well as the other figures like "V_ripple". should be a function of Vin. So the 2nd picture should be closer to the truth more often. So peak V_ripple has to be calced some special way in this case i guess. Just my 2pennies, im no expert

I've been using the 324Vdc value for all of my calculations. Thinking about it more thou without a input capacitor to smooth it out, the average voltage may be a more realistic value.

What calculator are you using? I'd love to compare it to the excel file I've made to calculate all of this

Than i do the same. I guess its a learning by doing thing.
http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Switching-Converter-Calculator.phtml
Is 10% Current Ripple too much ?

Farfle said:
Trolling own thread ? :)
Oh maybe put a high ohmic discharge resistor behind your cap. 8)

Why 324V? If you are using 240V it should be 240 X 1.414 = 340V

Its 230V AC here and i guess the bridge drops a bit or my multimeter is a bit off or both ? :wink:
When i put then a cap on the DC output i measured 324V DC without cap 214V.

230 X 1.414 = 325V, so that checks out.

Mains is pretty high in my area (lots of solar) so 247VAC is not unusual at midday.

You need to do your calculations based on the rectified and smoothed mains voltage (ie. across your caps).

So are there any updates on this design? Have you been using it?
This is pretty much what I was thinking of doing years ago, and its cool to come across someone actually DOING it now. (or atleast 7 months ago...)

Any news anyone? Quite interesting thread !!!
My Zero SR 2015 a couple of these converters, and some 115 v cut off ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back