Vote which bike to DIY 3D scan, vintage motorcycle, modern Enduro, or an FS ebike

jpacadd

100 mW
I'm hoping this doesn't come across as spammy, as 2 of the four bikes are ebikes, and building the first one I learned a ton from Endless-sphere.com back in the day maybe 2018 or so when I first discovered ebikes and with the help of the people here built one of the bikes in the video, the 2009 Giant Trance X3 converted with 52V BBSHD setup.

Beyond this video, everyone please feel encouraged to ask any questions or for any advice on this type of thing, I've been around a long time in the design engineering space.

The dirt bike, safer to be off road on trails then on any paved road.

Per the title, what would they be 3D scanned for?

And by "advice on this type of thing" do you mean building the bikes or doing the 3D scanning?

If the latter, then I am interested in that for a couple of non-ebike projects, since there are many things I can sculpt in reality that would suck to do in a computer, to then use to make molds. If I could take a 3D scan of a positive object and then use that to "subtract" from a basic mold-containment shape to make a negative mold that I could have 3D-printed to cast parts from, it would save significant time. Presently I just sculpt negative molds directly, but they don't always come out as well as if I did a positive and made a mold of that to then use to make parts...but it saves me a lot of money on casting materials to make those negative molds, which is important to being able to do the projects. ;)

(Pardon the questions if they were answered in the video itself, but I generally don't use up time watching posted videos that aren't explained in the post text first, since I can read most posts in a few seconds instead of spending minutes to hours watching what are often painfully-made videos ;) and usually that time is better spent answering people's questions and helping them out here on ES).

Back