What is this style of nickel strip called?

Cannikin

1 µW
I see more manufactured batteries using nickel "plates" like this:

1697491453572.png

Is there a name for this style of nickel strip/plate so we can search for it commercially available on Aliexpress or elsewhere? Or are these possibly custom manufactured by the company building the batteries, and so will never be available to hobbyists?

I see more manufactured batteries using nickel "plates" like this:

View attachment 341370

Is there a name for this style of nickel strip/plate so we can search for it commercially available on Aliexpress or elsewhere? Or are these possibly custom manufactured by the company building the batteries, and so will never be available to hobbyists?
The photo is from ... Rebel Touring - 55ah Onyx RCR Battery Upgrade ... they use laser welding ... top quality batteriy (LG 21700 cells) - Assembled in USA..

Why does this feel like an ad? ;)
Merely pointing out that laser welding is used with thicker plates for this batterys' plate fabrication ... higher amp continuous discharge with minimal resistance (voltage sag). These laser welded batteries are more expensive than most can afford so am no way recommending the expendure. Better option for most is going the DIY route using dual sandwiched spot-welded bus bar/plate fabrication.

That's why DIYers like the OP wanted to know what kind of welding is required to fabricate such a powerful lithium 2170 battery using thicker plates like in the photo he posted ...

1697661069649.pngI

Instead of relying on your own prohibitively expensive laser welding setup consider the sandwich plate techniques in this informative thread ... "Copper/nickel sandwich" buses for series connections

Hmm, you sure it's a laser? I still see the dimple pattern in the image above, and the dimples aren't perfectly lined up, there's some randomness there.

Found another photo showing the apparent welder, and it does look like it has a laser warning sticker on the front, but the lasers I've seen online seem to do some kind of circular pattern?

1697728618040.png

Back