What younguys think about rubbee?

joco

100 mW
https://www.facebook.com/RubbeeDrive?ref=profile

Ok here it goes. I teully want to get back on the sadle,,,got weight to loose but also want a little help frome an eltric drive help!

I want to keep my reg bike but want to had some power!

I am a big guy 290 pound so need good power and good bike!

I trully like friction power,,,,,,i would,love to it myself to keep the price as low as posible. ,,,,,,,i would like at least a 25km range.......

Any info or recommandation is welcome
I am in ottawa canada region

Thanks for any info

Joco

A friction drive is a very simple way of making an ebike out of any bike. It will not give your bike a lot of power but will keep your bike light weight and it is quickly transferable to any other bike. You could build your own friction drive with much better performance, some have done it here, but then they are hungry tire eaters. :wink:

Thanks

I see your frome montreal cool,,not to far frome me ottawa!

Great project you got on your picts wtg bud!

I would friction drive and i would like it to be under my back saddles,,,that way could bring my stuff still and have space for batterie in the saddle...

But if to complicate i will get a hub motor,,,,,i want to have one not to expensive but durable and i am not a speed fan, ok speed and 25 k range is ok by me!

Joco

The rubbee is a nice looking product but the price is completely nuts for what you get. Why would anyone spend over $1000 for a friction drive?

I ride a bike with a diy friction drive around 4 days a week for my work commute (10 mile round trip). My setup has a top speed of 28-30 mph at 36 volts using a cheap outrunner motor.

As for tire wear, with a correctly set up system it's not an issue. My front and rear tires wear at about the same rate.

Do a little reading here and you'll see how easy and cheap friction drive can and should be.

I hate to repost this, but if you look at the question I asked him here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=768800#p768800 it was about certification of the battery. To the best of my knowledge without that certification no one can ship that device with a battery in the USA. It does not appear that the OP answered my question, or elaborated on the battery. He may or may not know the legalities of incorporating Lithium batteries in a commercial product.

Before I would put any money down with the crowdsourcing or whatever, I would want that question answered in a knowledgeable way. Colleagues who have gotten large format Lithium batteries certified have told me the commercial price was in the neighborhood of a quarter of a million US dollars. If you don't see that train coming at you, your project will be smashed to bits during implementation.

Again, he may have it covered... if so he should post up an answer.

Don't quit your day job unless the idea is to sell them to the clueless on home shopping network. Is it still ok to use the word "clueless" since in this case it's a synonym of retard? :lol:

Just from my superficial impression, the benefit of the Rubbee over other friction roller drives if limited to its conformal polyurethane roller. A roller that increases contact area, reconciles surface speeds with shear elasticity, and decreases tire wear is a good thing, but its cost should be kept in perspective.

To my knowledge, there are not a lot of other ready-to-use electric friction roller drive kits out there, and if plug and play functionality is worth a lot to you, Rubbee may well be worth the cost. Certainly it is nice to be able to use it on a bike you are already satisfied with, without compromising the bike.

Back