• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

What's this hub motor pls ???

chayr

10 mW
Hi all !

I just receive my hub motor. I've made my order on bms-battery.com.
I order a "Bafang BPM 48V500W Rear Driving Bike Conversion Kit - RPM : 393" in 26" wheel.
But I guess there is a mistake.

See pictures attached pls. What's is this motor ? Idon't know what is it ???!!!

Thanks for your help

It's a Bafang BMP II. BMS Battery substitutes them sometimes. It's identifiable by the flat eng. cover.
It's a mid-wind motor with a no-load speed @ 36V in the 260 to 270 rpm range. Should be good for 25 or 26 mph on 36V and 27 to 28 mph on 48V.
It's considered to be a good motor with the exception of the threaded portion of the cover that accepts the free wheel, Irt ocassionaly breaks off. We have seen that 2 or 3 times here. If you are not a super strong cyclist, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok Thank you for your reply.

I hope it's as best as BPM 1 (wheight & power ability)

motomech said:
exception of the threaded portion of the cover that accepts the free wheel, Irt ocassionaly breaks off. We have seen that 2 or 3 times here. If you are not a super strong cyclist, I wouldn't worry about it.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36597
I see that & i'm verry worried about that !
Cause I want to do sport bike & do "strong pedaling" to make funny hillclimbing trick.

But I hope that i will find the good size bearing for my Sunrace freewheel 9 speed. I don't know where i will find it.

Back